48th Shadow Division
|48th Shadow Division (Rimmon's Ravagers)|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Shadow Divisions|
The Forty-eighth Shadow Division was a "hidden" Word of Blake military force that first appeared in the first few years of the Jihad. The unit was staffed by elite cybernetically augmented warriors known as the Manei Domini. The unit was best known during the early stages of the Jihad, raiding in Capellan Confederation space.
The Forty-eighth Shadow Division, also known as Rimmon's Ravagers, first appeared in combat in August 3071. The Shadow Division was part of a raid on the Necromo system. The unit along with WarShip support, neutralized the Necromo Shipyards and its defenses and then lent a hand in the destruction of the Impavido Class Destroyer, CCS Anhui and the Feng Huang Class Cruiser, Sundermann Rhys. The unit swept into and wiped out the 1st Shin Legion and Home Guard regiments. They had been there recovering on planet from events of renegade Davion Duke George Hasek's Operation SOVEREIGN JUSTICE. The Forty-eighth Shadow Division then swiftly left the planet within days of destroying the two battered units. Shortly after leaving, asteroids struck the planet's cities with force of several hundred nuclear weapons.
Raids in Confederation
The unit conducted a series of raids along the coreward borders of the Confederation, hitting Tsitsang, Styk, and Old Kentucky; the lack of militarily-useful goods produced by the latter made this last attack a minor one, though Capellan propagandists fabricated a story that the Forty-eighth had made off with bionics and 'animated love doll' products.  Capellan forces attempted to capture the world of Halloran V in February 3077, prompting the Forty-eighth to move to the world in April, nearly shattering Lockhardt's Ironsides in the process, constesting the world, though finally not being able to reclaim it.
Elements of the Forty-eighth appeared in the Luyten 68-28 system and briefly forced the Coalition forces out of the system. They would later raid worlds in the Duchy of Oriente in 3079. In 3081 elements of the 48th allegedly participated in an ambush led by Berith on Devil's Rock.
|Commanding Officers of the 48th Division|
The 48th Division specialized in Stealth usage. They are considered masters in using it.
When using the Advanced Rules for Force Specific forces, the Division beneifits from having having common special specific ablities.
Masters of stealth, the Forty-eighth Division may deploy up to half its units (round up) as hidden units if acting as the scenario’s defending force. In addition, whether acting as the scenario Defender or not, all units in this Division receive the benefits of a Stealth armor system (see p. 142, TW), as long as the unit does not use Jumping MP, Flanking MP or Max Thrust. This benefit works regardless of the unit’s type or whether or not it already has a functioning Stealth armor system. If a Forty-eighth Division unit already possesses Stealth armor, double the unit’s normal Stealth armor modifiers instead.
Has access to SD rated Equipment.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 106 - "48th Shadow Division profile" - Unit destroyed the Sundermann Rhys and Anhui. However, Anhui's destruction maybe incorrectly reported due to its presence around Sian up to 3074.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 106 - "47th Shadow Division suspected in sending asteroids into Necromo, wiping it out".
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 106 - "48th Shadow Division profile includes unit just performing raids along House Liao border with Blake Protectorate".
- Touring the Stars: Old Kentucky, p. 6
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad In Review"
- Total Chaos, pp. 167-168 "RAVAGED IRON"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, pp. 125-126
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 125, "Shadow Divisions Status"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 143 - "Rules annex" - 48th Division - Unit noted for being masters in stealth.