4th Andurien Cavalry
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Fourth Andurien Cavalry|
|Affiliation||Duchy of Andurien|
|Parent Command||Andurien Cavalry|
Primarily an anti-pirate force, they were stationed on El Giza as part of a larger effort to defend against raiders. They and the Second Andurien Guard on Mosiro are able to provide each other with support if required.
Capellan Raid of El Giza of 3082
In the early 3080s, the 4th Andurien was assigned to the Mosiro Archipelago as part of Duchy's efforts bolster its ally states defenses.
In late 3082, Capellan Confederation dispatched a probing force to world of El Giza as part of their efforts to create a buffer between fractured Free Worlds League states. The Cavalry conceived a trap to harass the Capellan Light 'Mech Company into a trap. The unit dispatched a lance of Aeron Strike VTOLs to snipe at the incoming Liao 'Mechs. These VTOLs managed to dispatch three of Liao BattleMechs while drive the rest of the Capellans into the Cavalry's ambush. The Cavalry was able to effectively wipe out the entire company, leaving Liao DropShip leave empty.
In 3112, the Howler Monkeys led the defense of Mansu-ri against the Fourth Andurien Cavalry. The unit, backed by two full lances of Black Hawks BattleMechs were able to stall the Andurien forces enough for reinforcements to arrive and save the Protectorate. The unit's commander died during the battles.
Convenant Worlds Invasion
In June 3137, during the Andurien War against Oriente, the Fourth fought the Covenant Worlds 1st Expeditionary Force. The unit fought the invaders using hit-and-run tactics instead of immediately falling back to regroup with their larger sister unit on Mosiro.
Striking from hidden bases, the Fourth exploited the planetary geography of El Giza, particularly its tall grasslands, hidden ravines and the ruins of ancient cities to successfully harass the Covenant Worlds Expeditionary Force. In doing so, the Fourth bought an extra week's worth of preparation time for the Second Guard on Andurien.
Raids and Conquest of Eleusis
In 3145 the Fourth was stationed on Vakarel. Elements of the unit raided Ruschegg and Glevakha. In each case the Fourth's reach exceeded its grasp, and the raiding parties suffered serious losses.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Andurien Guards|
The Fourth's best known tactic is called "The Sweep." The Fourth deploys most of their assets at one point of their opponent's line, overwhelming them with sheer numbers, while the rest of the Fourth moves in from a different direction. The Sweep was moderately successful on El Giza, but the Fourth did sustain heavy losses.
- CO: Colonel Moses Page
Eighth Andurien Aerospace Regiment (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Jamel Patrick
Thiry-third Andurien Tank Regiment (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Luigi Cote
Seventeenth Andurien Infantry Brigade (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Jerome Sherman
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplement, p. 12, "Action on El Giza noted in Aeron's background"
- BattleCorps TRO Supplements - Battlecorps - Black Hawk
- To Ride the Chimera, p. 186, "Nickname revealed"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117, "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 28, 38, "ABS-5Y Anubis/LI-O Vandal"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 53
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 114, "Andurien Cavalry - Fourth Andurien Cavalry"