4th Army (Star League)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Parent Command|| Fifth Army Group (2764)|
Eleventh Army Group (2766)
Fourth Army Group (2772)
The Star League Defense Forces Fourth Army was assigned to operations within the Federated Suns Military Region. The Fourth was stationed at the "corner" border between the Taurian Concordat, Capellan Confederation, and Federated Suns.
The 4th Army had been active for some time prior to the Periphery Uprising; responsible for covering the rimward worlds of the Federated Suns and with the Army Headquarters located on Hobbs, the 4th had spent a lot of time hunting down bandits during the escalating campaign of tit-for-tat raids that made up much of the Third Hidden War.
The units of the Fourth Army were barely tolerated by the people along the Federated Suns border with the Capellan Confederation. These people were still upset that the SLDF didn't react more quickly during a border war. The Suns border with the Taurian Concordat was different, because each pirate raid along that border led to many people losing loved ones. Elements of the Fourth Army were responsible for driving off most of these bandits, leading to a positive relationship with the inhabitants of this border. The Star League Intelligence Command also had many agents operating in this area, but the many individual groups and political factions here made it difficult for SLIC to detect patterns to protect the Fourth from terrorist actions.
When the Periphery Uprising erupted in the wake of the New Vandenberg Uprising the 4th Army was deployed into the Taurian Concordat, the first troops to be sent into the Periphery from the Inner Sphere as reinforcements. This exacted a heavy toll on the 4th, which was reduced to almost half strength during the two-year campaign; XXXVII Corps took heavy damage, but particularly hard-hit was LXX Corps, which was effectively destroyed. In total, the 4th lost eleven Divisions and two Regiments, with three of the Divisions having been disbanded due to combat losses and the remaining forces destroyed on the battlefield.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Army (Star League)|
Different per Unit.
Corps of the 4th Army
- XXXVII Corps
- LIV Corps
- LXII Corps
- 3 BattleMech Divisions
- 10 Infantry Divisions
- 1 Independent Regiments
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 67, "Fourth Army"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 94, "The Taurian Campaign"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 120-121, "Operation CHIEFTAIN Star League Defense Forces Order of Battle"
- The Star League, p. 152, "Fourth Army"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 67
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 42, "Fourth Army"