- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
Of the various unit types in the Free Rasalhague Republic's KungsArmé, the Drakøns are designated as the Heavy 'Mech regiments. The Fourth was formed as part of the expansion after the Ronin Wars.
As of 3049, the regular ranked Fourth were stationed on Radstadt, capital of the Radstadt Province.  During the Clan Invasion the Fourth were the planet's main defenders during Clan Wolf's assault on the world. Overste Slepiness chose to take the offensive by throwing forward most of his AeroSpace Fighters to interfere with the Clan's drop while his 'Mechs scattered into smaller units to harass the invader's OmniMechs in the rough terrain around the planet's capital.
The Wolves' Red Keshik, 11th Wolf Guards and 37th Striker Cluster made slow headway against the Fourth at first, until Elementals were able to sneak behind the Drakøn lines and disrupt the defenders' efforts with rear-guard assaults and eliminating mobile HQs. With the Fourth's defensive positions compromised, the Drakøns were effectively obliterated in a holocaust far too similar to the destruction of Rasalhague. 
Task Force Serpent
The Fourth was the Republic's contribution to Task Force Serpent, the reborn Star League's assault on the Clan Smoke Jaguar homeworld of Huntress, the veteran unit eager for revenge for the invasion, uncaring about which Clan they exacted it on. 
During the initial assault on Huntress, the Drakøns were assigned to take a Clan Smoke Jaguar training base on the continent of Abysmal with elements of the 2nd St. Ives Lancers, both units eliminating the scant resistance at the almost deserted base with minimal losses. 
In preparation for the Smoke Jaguar's counter-invasion, along with the Kingston's Legionnaires and 11th Lyran Guards, the remains of the Legionnaires were transferred to the Lunar Range on the continent of Abysmal to act reinforcement for the larger northern and southern armies. With losses mounting, the Fourth were assigned to bolster General Winston's northern army facing brutal combat in the Jaguar Fang mountains until the arrival of Victor Steiner-Davion's relief force. 
While contributing to the successful resolution of Serpent, the Fourth Drakøns were again shattered as an effective combat command, and with the survivors return to Inner Sphere the KungsArmé chose to disband the unit. 
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Drakøns|
|Overste||Carl Sleipness||3049 - 3060|
4th Drakøns (BattleMech Regiment)
- CO: Overste Carl Sleipness
- Unit Note: The unit was stationed on Radstadt as of 3050, were at the time considered to Regulars in skill with a reliable loyality rating.
4th Drakøns (BattleMech Battalion)
- CO: Overste Carl Sleipness
- 20-Year Update, p. 48
- Brush Wars, p. 143
- 20-Year Update, p. 51
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, pp. 38-39
- Objective Raids, p. 43
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 9
- The Hunters, pp. 112-113
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 11
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 13
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 63
- 20 Year Update, p. 51 - Unit status as of 3050.
- Objective Raids, p. 44 - Unit listing as of 3054.
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 67