4th Fleet (DCA)
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Draconis Combine Admiralty|
The Fourth Fleet was one of eight WarShip fleets operating within the Draconis Combine in 2765, and was one of two fleets assigned to the Benjamin district, serving alongside the Third Fleet. The Fourth Fleet was based around the DCS Benjamin, a Samarkand-class carrier.
In common with the other Fleets within the DCA morale in the Fourth Fleet was high, despite the presumption by the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery that the DCA Fleets were little more than a taxi service. All of the crews within the Fourth Fleet were subject to vetting by the Internal Security Force and each WarShip had ISF agents aboard, but the crews of the Fourth Fleet were fanatically loyal to Coordinator Takiro Kurita, well-trained, proud and aggressive.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Fleet|
Fourth Fleet (Regular/Fanatical)
In common with the black water navies of the other Great Houses the Draconis Combine Admiralty was relatively small, despite the military buildup going on within the Draconis Combine following the decision by the Star League Council in 2752 to repeal the Council Edict of 2650; the various Fleets within the DCA had expanded sharply, largely through restoring mothballed WarShips to service, but was still dwarfed in size by the navy of the Star League Defense Force.
Whilst the exact composition of the Fourth Fleet is unknown, the overall size of the DCA in 2765 was known to be forty-two WarShips - of which eight were the Samarkand-class carriers serving as flagships within the eight fleets, two were Vigilant-class corvettes assigned permanently to the Fourth Proserpina Hussars and six were Block I Narukami-class destroyers assigned to the Seventh and Eighth Fleets in the Pesht district. The remaining twenty-six WarShips consisted of seven heavy cruisers - five Aegis-class and two Cruiser-class - some fifteen assorted destroyers, five each of the Baron, Essex I and Lola I classes, and four Vincent Mk. 39-class corvettes.
It was noted by the Star League Intelligence Command that based on the rate of expansion within the DCA since 2752, if the military buildup continued at the same pace the various DCA Fleets would increase to three times their 2765-strength within twenty years.
- Assuming that the WarShips were distributed evenly across the various Fleets, the Fourth Fleet was most likely composed of the Samarkand-class flagship DCS Benjamin and four other WarShips, with those four likely to consist of either four destroyers/corvettes or a single heavy cruiser and three destroyers/corvettes - but it is important to note that this detail has not been confirmed in canon.
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Admiralty"