4th Jaguar Combat Cluster (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|4th Combat Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3050)|
The Fourth Combat Cluster was a second line military formation of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
The Cluster bid to attack Hanover won the right to attack the planet in June 3050. They dropped in to the Heinx Mountains and engaged the 1st Hanover Strike Infantry Regiment. Its two infantry battalions were augmented by other militia forces. The defenders lured the 4th Combat Cluster into a trap, using a grounded Union DropShip as a fort they inflicted heavy casualties on the Elementals before counter attacking with Jump Infantry which forced the Clan warriors to retreat.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Jaguar Combat Cluster|
- Star Captain Ti Freelander led Command Star from the Second Elemental Trinary between 30?? and 3050.
The Cluster appears to be formed entirely of Elementals and possibly acted as a support infantry unit for other formations.
- The failed attack on Hanover by the 4th Combat Cluster required the 5th Jaguar Regulars Cluster to finish the conquest in July.
- The Cluster does not appear on the Clan roster after June 3050, and it is possible it was disbanded to provide replacement troops to other Clusters.
- Clan Troops, p. 26
- Clan Troops, p.26
- Invading Clans, p. 66