4th McCarron's Armored Cavalry
|Fourth McCarron's Armored Cavalry|
|Parent Command||McCarron's Armored Cavalry|
The 4th regiment of McCarron's Armored Cavalry was, at various times in its history, known as Leo’s Demons, Gordon's Demons and later Lord Carson's Cavaliers.
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 References
- 6 Bibliography
Third Succession War
In 3007 the regiments of McCarron's Armored Cavalry raided New Valencia, baseworld of Wolf's Dragoons. Though they seized several small communities, the Dragoons were able to hold off the Armored Cavalry units long enough for the Eridani Light Horse regiments to arrive. The MAC regiments didn't inflict any damage to the Dragoons, but did raze several villages.
Fourth Succession War
In the Fourth Succession War all regiments of McCarron's Armored Cavalry except for the 1st were stationed on Menke. They later fought along campaign to defend Sarna but had to retreat off-world as Davion reinforcements arrived in the end phase of the war.
In May 3032 the Fourth, along with the other regiments of McCarron's Armored Cavalry, landed on Betelgeuse. They quickly drove the First, Third, and 4th Defenders of Andurien, and the Tooth of Ymir off the world. They inflicted particularly heavy casualties on the First Defenders.
The Fourth then landed on Prix with the 2nd McCarron's Armored Cavalry. They spent the next three weeks destroying the single battalion of the 3rd Defenders of Andurien. The skillful defense put up by the Defenders impressed the Cavalry, and the Cavalry prevented the Maskirovka's interrogation of the surviving Defenders. Instead the Defenders were repatriated to Andurien via ComStar. The Prix assault netted the Cavalry a great deal of spare parts, ammunition, and other supplies.
Leo's Demons and Barton's Regiment then moved on to Shiba. There they faced the 5th Defenders of Andurien in July 3034. The Defenders fought for six weeks, but the two experienced mercenary regiments were able to drive them offworld. When the Fifth left, the Fourth didn't pursue. Instead in May 3035 Leo's Demons landed on Canopus IV. They almost overran Raventhir's Iron Hand and the Canopian Cuirassiers, but Emma Centrella arrived in time to stabilize the defense. After two days of fighting, Leo's Demons withdrew.
In 3035 the Fourth was based on Gei-Fu in preparation for a raid on Brighton. At this time Colonel Gordon was anxious to take his regiment out of the CCAF and return to the mercenary life. Because of this, the two battalions of Warrior House Ijori were on Gei-Fu to keep an eye on Gordon's Demons. The Black Widow Battalion landed on Gei-Fu and assaulted the Ijori units but didn't engage the Demons.
War of 3039
As part of the 'Mac Attack' raids into the Federated Suns during the War of 3039, the Fourth hit Andro on August 7 that year. Forewarned by earlier MAC attacks elsewhere, the planetary militia was already prepared to meet the raiders when they arrived. Though the Fourth destroyed the militia, the fighting saw heavy damage inflicted on the regiment's second and third battalions. In addition the militia succeeded in forcing the mercenaries to leave Andro before they could acquire more than battlefield salvage, or else miss their next scheduled attack.
The Fourth MAC's next target was Monongahela. This raid proved to be far more successful, with the Fourth encountering little opposition from the militia and able to boost offworld a week later with 247 tons of military supplies from the Capellan March Militia storehouses. Intending to proceed to Kathil, the regiment was instead ordered home to Menke which was being hit by AFFS forces.
Xin Sheng Campaign
In 3067 Faith McCarron received permission to search for the force that sabotaged the CCS Ilsa Hyung. She caught up with the Jie Fang Legion and destroyed a company of 'Mechs and armor. Upon her return, her unit was used as the core of a fourth battalion. The entire unit was based on Ares.
During Operation SOVEREIGN JUSTICE Ares was attacked by the 5th Syrtis Fusiliers and 20th Avalon Hussars. The Fourth MAC held them off, and with assistance from the Blackwind Lancers, drove the Davion unit off-world.
In 3078 the Fourth Cavalry and 4th Tau Ceti Rangers grounded on Hsien. There they started a three way fight with the Protectorate Militia units stationed on world and forces that were part of the Coalition. Eventually they joined with the Coalition forces to defeat the Blakist troops, but the Coalition forces prevented them from finishing off the surrendered Blakist unit. The Fourth then turned their attention to the Coalition forces and tried to drive them off Hsien, but were unsuccessful. In fact, Richard Carson was using the standoff on Hsien as a training tool for Faith McCarron.
Faith McCarron was able to successfully persuade - or intimidate - the Republican forces on Hsien to leave after months of low-level skirmishes and posturing; this impressed Lord Carson enough that he decided it was time to retire, leaving the newly-promoted Sang-shao Faith McCarron in charge of Faith's Fortunates. As at 3081 the Fortunates were eagerly anticipating orders for a campaign against the Republic of the Sphere, with a healthy feeling of competition brewing between the 4th and the regiment commanded by Faith's brother Rhamses McCarron.
In 3081 Sun-Tzu Liao, an assault by the Capellan Confederation on the Republic of the Sphere. The Fourth was assigned to New Canton, where their new commander, Faith McCarron, was killed. The remaining members of the Fourth resisted the combined might of the Eighth, Ninth, and Tenth Hastati Sentinels, fighting for hours. They eventually surrendered when they had been reduced to two lances. The unit hadn't been rebuilt by 3085.
Reformed prior to 3145, the 4th MAC attacked Cumberland that year. They faced stiff resistance from Cumberland's Missiliers, but eventually took the world. On New Syrtis, the 4th MAC spread out across the world, rapidly hunting down the last pockets of resistance.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th McCarron's Armored Cavalry|
|Colonel||Vallory Gordon||3035 - 3054|
|Sang-shao||Lord Richard Carson||3063 - 3081|
The command uses small units to find the enemy. If the enemy follow them in their retreat other forces start a flanking assault. Should the opponent turn to the new threat the retreating units attacks again. The conventional forces are trained to close the gap to the enemy swiftly to deliver devastating attacks.
- CO: Colonel Leo Hickney
- 1st Battalion
- Major Victor Lesurn
- 2nd Battalion
- Major David Kincade
- 3rd Battalion
- Major Vallory Gordon
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Menke. 
Leo’s Demons (Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical)
Carhart's Demons (Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Vallory Gordon
- 4th McCarron's Armored Cavalry (Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Sang-shao Lord Richard Carson
- XO/1st Battalion: Zhong-shao Erin Gray
- 2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Dave Stansel
- 3rd Battalion: Zhong-shao Pavel Moskva
- Wing Commander: Kong-sao-shao Kym Lan Tang
- on loan until the Fourth can reconstitute their aerospace support
- Armor Commander: Sao-shao Justin Kiriakus
- Light and faster units preferred
- Infantry Commander: Zhong-shao Carter Zimm
By 3067 the unit was a reinforced regiment of four battalions. They were only five percent below their nominal 'Mech complement. The armor and infantry units were at full strength. After the fighting with the Jie Fang Legion, the Eclipse Flight was only able to field eighty percent of their strength.
The unit was commanded by Sang-shao Ryan Martin.
4th McCarron’s Armored Cavalry (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Lindsey Baxter
Eclipse Wing (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Rahal Checa
Baxter’s Armored Vanguard (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Daven Carlson-Galton
Baxter’s Valets (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Artus Rosado
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 10
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 63
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 64
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 66
- Historical: Brush Wars, pp. 67-68
- More Tales of the Black Widow, p. 9
- More Tales of the Black Widow', pp. 9-10
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 125
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 127
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 90, "4th McCarron's Armored Cavalry Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 26
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 32, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 17
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 224
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 25
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 78-79
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 15
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 100, "McCarron's Armored Cavalry"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 26
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, pp. 8, 17
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 46
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 32, "McCarron's Armored Cavalry - 4th McCarron's Armored Cavalry"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 95, "McCarron's Armored Cavalry"
- More Tales of the Black Widow, p. 9
- 20 Year Update, p. 63, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 41, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 45, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3145"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p.107
- Historical: Brush Wars, p.88
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 140 >Historical: War of 3039, p. 140
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, p. 12
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: CCAF
- Historical: Brush Wars
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- More Tales of the Black Widow
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objective Raids
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook)