4th Nova Cat Guards (Clan Nova Cat)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|4th Nova Cat Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Delta Galaxy|
When Elementals were introduced to the battlefield in 2868, the Fourth Nova Cat Guards were the force arrayed against them. Unaware of their capabilities, the Fourth assigned a Star of new warriors in under-armed 'Mechs to defeat the "infantry force". The Elementals quickly destroyed the Star (as well as the Fourth Guards' reputation) and cemented their place on the battlefield.
The warriors of the Fourth Nova Cat Guards rebuilt their reputation over time. They also take great pride in their accurate marksmanship.
The Fourth was assigned to garrison Port Arthur after Operation Bulldog in conjunction with the Eleventh Alshain Avengers. The Avengers attacked the Fourth on learning of the fighting between the 449th Assault Cluster and the Fourth Pesht Regulars. This was one of the incidents that led to the creation of the Irece Prefecture. The Cluster was training on Tukayyid in 3063 when the Ghost Bear's launched their offensive against the Draconis Combine. The Cavaliers along with the rest of Delta Galaxy invaded the Ghost Bear Dominion.  By 3067 the Cluster had moved to take position on Tabayama.
The Guards as part of Delta Galaxy saw action early in Operation SCOUR, serving on the Federated Suns front as a part of Group III that attacked Tybalt in early 3077, when it was targeted in the first wave of assaults that made up the Federated Suns front. In May 3077 they took part in the assault on Tigress. Capellan guerilla fighters detonated a number of dirty nuclear devices causing Delta Galaxy and the Fourth to suffer massive casualties. In 3079 the Cluster was on Wasat. 
The Republic Era
In 3081 the Fourth Guards along with the rest of Delta Galaxy were gifted to Devin Stone's forming Republic Armed Forces.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Nova Cat Guards|
|Star Colonel||Kelly Hardo||3055 - 3062|
|Star Colonel||Wecken Rosse||3062 - 3067|
The warriors of the Fourth value precise marksmanship, even to the point of bidding away ammunition to insure every shot counts. Their need for personal glory never overwhelmed their ability to work together however.
4th Nova Cat Guards
- CO: Star Colonel Kelly Hardo
- Command Trinary (3 OmniMech Stars) - CO: Star Captain Lytton Winters
- Battle Trinary (3 OmniMech Stars) - CO: Star Captain Wecken Rosse
- 43rd Striker Trinary (3 OmniMech Stars) - CO: Star Captain Padrick Drummond
- Fighter Binary (2 OmniFighter Stars) - CO: Star Captain Marthe Leroux
- Assault Supernova (3 OmniMech/Elemental Novas) - CO: Star Captain Toddu Devalis
- CO: Star Colonel Wecken Rosse.
The Fourth Guards are erroneously recorded twice on the roster of 3057 in Invading Clans, once in Delta Galaxy and misidentified with the First Guards in Alpha Galaxy.
- Era Report: 3052, p. 61
- Invading Clans, p. 118, "Occupation Zone"
- Invading Clans, p. 119, "Fifth Wave"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 117, "Delta Galaxy Profile - 4th Nova Cat Guards"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 96
- Field Manual: Update, p. 100
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 36, "First Wave Complete"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57
- Field Report: Clans, p. 17
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 166-7
- Invading Clans, p. 125, "Front-Line Unit Summary"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 118, "Sigma Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 100, "Deployment Table - 3067"