4th Raven Wing (Clan Snow Raven)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Fourth Raven Wing Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Snow Wing|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
In 3060, the unit with the rest of its parent galaxy on fought on Circe against Clan Wolf. The bitter Trials of Possession were triggered after the Snow Ravens ordered the unit to consolidate former Clan Smoke Jaguar holdings and afterwards aiding Clan Nova Cat withdrawing from their conclave.
In the Jihad the Snow Ravens took five systems from the Draconis Combine. After the DCMS rebuilt, they recaptured the systems from the Ravens. The Fourth was assigned to defend one of the systems, and their inability to do so, tainted the unit in the eyes of the Raven touman. After several years of not receiving any assignments, the Fourth's new commander was able to get the unit assigned to some reputation-rebuilding military operations. This helped the unit's reputation, but as of 3145 they still had to work to improve their reputation.
The Dark Age
In the mid-3140s the Fourth and the other Clusters within Alpha Galaxy replaced Beta Galaxy in the systems obtained from the Draconis Combine following the Palmyra Debacle. Viewed as being given Beta Galaxy's leavings, the assignment went poorly for the Fourth, particularly following earlier embarrassing defeats. Accustomed to displaying a highbrow attitude towards the population of the Raven Alliance, the Fourth's attempts to take the same approach with the population of Zalaf resulted in a combination of violent protests and industrial strikes. The inhabitants of Zalaf were convinced that it was only a matter of time before the Combine reasserted control over the planet, and had no wish to be identified as collaborating with an enemy of the Dragon. Similar problems were rife on Bad News and Sinope, and massacres were reported on all three worlds, with all of Alpha Galaxy ill-equipped to deal with civilian protests.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Raven Wing|
|Star Colonel||Eric Shu|||
|Star Colonel||Andery McKenna||3061 - 3067|
|Star Colonel||Mahavir||3119 - 3145|
The Fourth Raven Wing Cluster are specialists in space combat.
Fourth Raven Wing Cluster (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Star Colonel Eric Shu
- - At this point the Fifth was located on Rezak's Hole alongside the Fifth Raven Wing Cluster and was operating at full strength. Almost all of the Cluster was equipped with OmniFighters.
Fifth Raven Wing Cluster (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Star Colonel Mahavir
- - At this point the Fifth was located on Zalaf and was operating at just over three-quarters of full strength. Just over a third of the Cluster was equipped with OmniFighters.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 128, "Alpha Galaxy" - 4th Raven Wing
- Era Report: 3145, p. 75
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 165, "Alpha Galaxy"
- Historical Turning Points: Antallos, p. 9
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 79, "Alpha Galaxy (Swift Wing Galaxy)"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 173, "Alpha Galaxy (Swift Wing Galaxy)"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 166