4th Regimental Combat Team
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Fourth Regimental Combat Team|
|Unit Profile (as of 2771)|
|Parent Formation||LXI Corps|
The Fourth Regimental Combat Team was attached to LXII Corps, Fourth Army in 2764 and was assigned to District 3 of the Federated Suns Military Region. In 2765 the Fourth was deployed into the Periphery Military Region along with the rest of LXII Corps following the New Vandenberg Uprising and the subsequent Periphery-wide uprising.
In 2771 General DeChavilier ordered the Fourth RCT along with all other surviving Regimental Combat Teams to start reconnaissance probes and raids into Amaris-held systems in the Hegemony as part of Operation Intruder. These raids continued for a year and saw a very heavy casualty rate. General Kerensky wished to rest the troops of Operation Intruder, but their will to fight was so strong that he assigned them as pathfinder units for the main invasion.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Regimental Combat Team|
Different per Unit.
- 55th Royal Light Horse Regiment
- 255th Light Horse Regiment
- 111th Dragoon Regiment
- 247th Dragoon Regiment
- The Star League, p. 152
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, pp. 115-118
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 121, "Operation Chieftain: SLDF Order of Battle"