4th Sword of Light
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|4th Sword of Light BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||"The Jade Dragon" |
|Parent Formation||Sword of Light|
During the War of Davion Succession the Fourth led the 2725 attack on Marduk, fighting alongside the Eleventh Benjamin Regulars, Fourteenth Benjamin Regulars, First Galedon Regulars and Eighth Galedon Regulars. The assault was successful, and Marduk fell to the Combine. The Fourth then went on to Breed, facing two militia regiments and the remains of the Fourth Davion Guards. The Fourth Davion Guards were nearly destroyed, and the world surrendered. During this time, the Fourth employed a new Stalker variant.
Second Succession War
During the Second Succession War, Coordinator Yoguchi Kurita selected the elite Fourth and three other lesser conventional regiments to accompany him in the defense of the Combine-held farming world of Tishomingo ahead of an expected Davion invasion. Yoguchi was unaware however that food and water shortages on Federated Suns worlds near the Davion-Combine border had grown so severe that the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns invasion force would consist of twenty regiments, four of which were BattleMech formations. Heavily outnumbered, the Combine defense quickly collapsed when a AFFS 'Mech battalion made a daring drop against Yoguchi's headquarters and forcing him to desperately flee into the surrounding heavy forests, his second-in-command convinced the Coordinator had been killed and reporting this back to Luthien. Though Yoguchi would ultimately survive, the grossly outnumbered Fourth was destroyed to the last man, with the Davion forces defeating the last surviving 'Mech of the Fourth Sword of Light within a month. 
The Fourth was reformed shortly after the Second regiment was by Coordinator Vincent Kurita. The DCMS High Command quickly transferred in the best soldiers they could and the Fourth rejoined the Dragon's Claws.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Sword of Light|
The Fourth Sword of Light was skilled in open field combat.
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Luthien.
4th Sword of Light (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Tai-sa Jean-Phillipe Aristide
11th Pesht Aerospace (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Sho-sa Cory Maldonado
3rd Pesht Cavalry (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Isabelle Martinez
3rd Bjarred Infantry (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Jami Caldian
Star League Era
The Fourth Sword of Light was skilled in open field combat. During the Star League era, if half of the maps used in the scenario are listed on the Flatlands Terrain Table (rounding down), the Fourth receives a +2 Initiative bonus and the Overrun Combat special ability.
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine, p. 8
- Era Report: 2750, p. 42
- Era Report: 2750, p. 29
- Era Report: 2750, p. 129
- Era Report: 2750, p. 31
- First Succession War, p. 137
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), pp. 69, "History - Second Succession War - Divine Sacrifice"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), pp. 72-73 "History - Second Succession War - Tishomingo"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 58 "Fourth Sword of Light"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 67, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3145"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 141