53rd Battle (Clan Jade Falcon)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|53rd Battle Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||The Cat Snatchers|
|Parent Formation||Zeta Galaxy|
Nova Cat Abjuration
The Cluster had a long standing feud with Clan Nova Cat. In 3059 it was stationed on Gatekeeper, a planet that also had a Nova Cat garrison force on it. Star Colonel Koga took every opportunity to raid the Nova Cat enclave. Disgusted by the Cat's collusion with the Inner Sphere during Operation Bulldog only the lack of quality troops prevented the engaged Star Colonel from attempting a full assault against Nova Cat targets.
However, on April 27th 3060, the Grand Council of the Clans voted for the Abjuration of the Nova Cats and they were given a month time remove themselves from Clan worlds. The Fifty-third Battle Cluster declared the Nova Cats on Gatekeeper dezgra, not even worthy of a Trial of Possession. They soon assaulted the Nova Cat enclave for control of the planet. Fighting without honor, the Fifty-third ripped into the Nova Cat defenders that desperately fought to prevent the Falcons from entering their major population centers. As the last of the Nova Cat warriors fell, the Fifty-third prevented the majority of Nova Cat civilian caste from escaping the planet.
During the Jihad the Fifty-third was assigned to Delta Galaxy.
After the formation of The Republic of the Sphere they returned to the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone. The Fifty-third and First Falcon Striker Clusters took part in an assault on Graus led by saKhan Uvin Buhallin. This assault turned into a quagmire, taking losses from heavy AeroSpace Fighter defenses. Once the two units were down, saKhan Buhallin let the defenders retain the initiative. Militia units used air strikes and artillery bombardments to force holes in the Falcon lines. These gaps were exploited by Rubinsky's Light Horse, a mercenary unit that killed the saKhan and command staff for both Clusters. With their command structure in tatters, the two Clusters withdrew from the world.
In 3137 the Fifty-third fought a Trial of Possession against Clan Hell's Horses for the Feltre system. The Fifty-third was outmaneuvered and drawn into an artillery bombardment by Horse Hadur hovercraft. The Falcons were granted hegira and withdrew, leaving the Horses in command of Feltre.
The Fifty-third later tried to regain some honor by attacking Jabuka. That world was defended by the Second Bear Regulars. During this assault the Fifty-third brought two Naga-class OmniMechs with them, and used them to inflict heavy losses on the defending Bears. However these two 'Mechs were lost when the Second Regulars' commander and his Starmates engaged them at close range.
The 53rd Battle Cluster's insignia is a Jade Falcon soaring over a bloody corpse of a Nova Cat.
|Commanding Officers of the 53rd Battle|
|Star Colonel||Fyona Koga||3059|
|Star Colonel||Malcom Hazen||3085|
The unit does not receive any specific Force Specific abilities for scenarios.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans p. 109 - 53rd Battle Cluster.
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 26-28
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 118
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 126
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 20
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 50
- Field Manual: Crusader p. 109 - 53rd Battle Cluster - unit info include insignia.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans
- Field Manual: Updates p. 73 - Unit status and commanding officer as of 3067.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans p. 155 - Deployment Tables of 3059 - Unit's current skill ability and garrison post.
- Field Manual: Updates p. 73 - Unit status and location as of 3067.