54th Provisional Garrison Cluster (Clan Ghost Bear)
|Fifty-fourth Provisional Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3084)|
|Parent Formation||Pi Galaxy|
The Fifty-fourth Provisional Garrison Cluster moved from the Clan Homeworlds to the Inner Sphere just prior to the Fourth Wave of Operation REVIVAL, the Clan invasion of the Inner Sphere in 3050. The Fifty-fourth was serving as a part of Pi Galaxy within the Clan Ghost Bear touman at the time, and had been called forward to garrison various worlds taken during the invasion to free up front-line forces for further conquests.
Perhaps disappointingly for the Fifty-fourth, the next ten years of their deployment within the Inner Sphere saw them involved in relatively little combat other than attacks from pirate attacks. The Fifty-fourth had long served as a training cadre for warriors freshly deployed from Ghost Bear sibkos and continued to do so in the Inner Sphere; this led to the Cluster nearly being overwhelmed in September 3060 when an unusually large pirate band almost a regiment in size attacked the Fifty-fourth on their garrison world of Thule.
Fortunately for the Fifty-fourth, Star Captain Rachel noticed that rather than being a cohesive force, the bandit regiment actually appeared to have been formed from numerous smaller bands, some of whom were actively hostile towards other elements of the formation. Then Star Captain was able to broadcast antagonistic messages that prompted some of the pirate sub-units to turn on each other, giving the Fifty-fourth a chance to regroup. The attack was rebuffed, but almost two-thirds of the pirate forces managed to escape.
First Draconis Combine/Ghost Bear War
Pi Galaxy remained a defensive formation during the First Draconis Combine / Ghost Bear War, but took damage defending the worlds of Jezersko, Porthos and Thule from hostile raids. The Fifty-fourth Provisional Garrison Cluster was one of the Clusters that took damage, and by 3067 had rebuilt to four-fifths of full strength.
Although Pi Galaxy was a defensive formation, it was added to Alpha Wave during the Ghost Bear campaign against the Word of Blake in the Jihad. Alpha Wave was led by Alpha Galaxy and included Omega Galaxy as well as Pi; Pi acted in support of the other Galaxies and missed the campaign to liberate Kaus Borealis, but joined the second wave of attacks against Dyev.
After landing on Dyev during a wave of attacks against worlds in the Word of Blake Protectorate in July 3076, Pi Galaxy found itself facing a Blakist counteroffensive in December when a task force breached the blockade of Ghost Bear and Snow Raven ships in orbit and landed six Divisions of troops on the surface of Dyev. The Blakists landed around Trogport and the planetary capital, Novaya Mensk, before deploying outwards. Pi Galaxy fought alongside Kappa Galaxy against the Thirty-second Militia Division and the Second New Earth and First Zosma Protectorate Militia Divisions; the Blakists used the fortifications built in previous years by the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery to try and resist the Ghost Bear attack.
Pi Galaxy proved its mettle on Dyev, and history records that the Thirty-second Militia Division was subsequently destroyed on Dyev before the end of 3076.
In addition to joining the campaign for Dyev, Pi Galaxy won the honor of liberating the world of Asta. By this point, the Ghost Bears were acting as a part of Operation SCOUR, and as forces from the Draconis Combine led by Tai-shu Isoroku Kurita concentrated on securing the planetary capital, Excaliba, in the face of fierce resistance, before clearing the remainder of the Balerdo continent, Pi Galaxy concentrated on the Moolai continent.
It was from a prison camp on Asta that the noted warrior Andrew Redburn was liberated on the 18th of March 3077; Redburn had provoked a series of uprising in Blakist reeducation camps beginning in the port city of Logan and then spreading through other camps a week before the Coalition forces arrived. The prisoner uprising distracted the Blakist forces, speeding up the campaign to liberate the world.
The Dark Age
Pi Galaxy was one of a number of Galaxies to be disbanded by the Dominion Council after the Jihad as the Ghost Bear Dominion began the process of rebuilding its forces. Elements of Pi Galaxy ended up in both Theta and Kappa Galaxies. By 3085 none of the former Clusters from Pi Galaxy remained as discrete units within the Ghost Bear touman.
|Commanding Officers of the 54th Provisional Garrison Cluster (Clan Ghost Bear)|
|Commanding Officers of the 54th Provisional Garrison Cluster (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Star Colonel||Rachel||3061 - 3067|
Fifty-fourth Provisional Garrison Cluster (Green/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Fifty-fourth were based on Thule.
Fifty-fourth Provisional Garrison Cluster (Green/Reliable)
- - The Fifty-fourth was stationed on Thule at this point in time and had rebuilt to two-thirds of full strength; three-quarters of the Thirteenth were equipped with Clan technology, with the remainder of the Cluster using Star League era designs. Just over a third of the Cluster were equipped with OmniMechs or equivalent technology.
Fifty-fourth Provisional Garrison Cluster
- - The Fifty-fourth was stationed on Jarett at this point in time and had been reduced to forty percent of strength, with just under a quarter of the Cluster equipped with OmniMechs or equivalent technology.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 98, "Pi Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 61, "Pi Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78, "Pi Galaxy"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 10, "Pi Galaxy"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "A Time Of Cleansing"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 32, "Official Update 2"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 120, "Theta Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 121, "Kappa Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Ghost Bear Dominion"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 164, "Pi Galaxy"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 11, "Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 182, "Pi Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 180, "Pi Galaxy"