59th Jump Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|59th Jump Infantry Division|
|Nickname||The King's Own Jump Troops|
|Parent Command||XXXVI Corps|
The Fifty-ninth Jump Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. Bearing the nickname "The King's Own Jump Troops", most of the 59th's units were drawn from the old British army. By convention, any member of the Duke of England's family that enlisted in the SLDF was assigned to the 59th Jump.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXXVI Corps, Sixteenth Army, to District 3 of the Draconis Combine Military Region but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in 2765 as part of the redeployment effort to fight the Periphery Uprising. The 59th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 59th Jump Infantry Division|
|Major General||Neville Ponsonby||2764|
Among the regiments assigned to the 59th were a number of units descended the old Terran kingdom of Britain:
- The Royal Regiment of British Infantry Guards
- The Queen's Jump Fusiliers
- The 16th Jump Infantry Regiment (Welsh and English)
- The Green Jacket Rifles
- The Royal British Dragoon Guards
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 193
- The Star League, p. 149, "Sixteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133