59th Jump Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|59th Jump Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||"The King's own Jump Troops"|
|Parent Formation||XXXVI Corps|
The Fifty-ninth Jump Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. Bearing the nickname "The King's Own Jump Troops", most of the 59th's units were drawn from the old British army. By convention, any member of the Duke of England's family that enlisted in the SLDF was assigned to the 59th Jump.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXXVI Corps, Sixteenth Army, to District 3 of the Draconis Combine Military Region but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in 2765 as part of the redeployment effort to fight the Periphery Uprising. The 59th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 59th Jump Infantry Division|
|Major General||Neville Ponsonby||2764|
Among the regiments assigned to the 59th were a number of units descended the old Terran kingdom of Britain:
- The Royal Regiment of British Infantry Guards
- The Queen's Jump Fusiliers
- The 16th Jump Infantry Regiment (Welsh and English)
- The Green Jacket Rifles
- The Royal British Dragoon Guards
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 193
- The Star League, p. 149, "Sixteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133