5th Andurien Cavalry
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Fifth Andurien Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Andurien Cavalry|
The Fifth Andurien Cavalry is a Combined Arms regiment, which serves as part of the Andurien Defense Force of the Duchy of Andurien. The regiment's role along with other units within its brigade is to act as a ready response-force. They would respond quickly should aid be needed for other Andurien forces that were in need of reinforcements against an invasion.
The Oriente and Andurien War
Triggered by the Kwamashu Incident on February 3138, the year long Oriente and Andurien War kept the regiment busy. The Fifth's only notable action during the conflict was on Antipolo. On the planet, the unit took heavy damage trying to hold the world but ultimately would be forced to withdraw losing the world to the Oriente Protectorate. The unit lost several key officers and personnel during the war, reducing its ability to perform its duties by 3145.
Conquest of Eleusis
|Commanding Officers of the 5th Andurien Cavalry|
- CO: Colonel Adolph Dudley
Fifth Andurien Light Aerospace Wing (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Alexandra Randall
Thirty-sixth Andurien Tank Regiment (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Major Abdul Rush
Eighteenth Andurien Infantry Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Sean Wise
- Note - As of 3145, the regiment is assigned to the world of Watermael and has access to "B" Rated Equipment.
The Cavalry is equipped to act as a swift-moving force on the battlefield. The Regiment's make-up as of 3145 includes; lighter class BattleMechs, light weight Combat Vehicles and attack VTOLs which is in line with the Brigade's doctrine of mobility.
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 113-114, "Andurien Defense Force/Andurien Cavalry" - Details of the Fifth Cavalry, typical regiment configuration, and some information of its actions during the war between the Oriente in 3138.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era pp. 54, 63-65, 99, "2nd Cavalry's performances notes that the entire Cavalry brigade was expanded due to their performance during the war, which lead to the 5th Andurien Cavalry".
- Shattered Fortress, p. 53
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117, "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force"