5th Army Group (Star League)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Fifth Army Group|
|Nickname||Army Group Davion|
|Parent Command||Star League Defense Force (2765)|
Task Force Confederation (2772)
In common with the other SLDF Army Groups, the Fifth Army Group was commanded by a General who answered only to the SLDF High Command and the First Lord of the Star League. By the beginning of the Periphery Uprising, Army Group Davion was responsible for the Second, Third and Fourth Army Groups. When the Periphery Uprising saw the mass deployment of the majority of the SLDF into the territorial states, the Third and Fourth Armies were deployed as part of that mass mobilisation. This left the Fifth Army Group with just one active Army, the Second, but 29 assorted regiments of troops were transferred from the First Army to the Second, which was now responsible for the entire Federated Suns Military Region alone.
As part of the preparations for Operation CHIEFTAIN, Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky mobilised the Fifth Army Group for the campaign. The Second Army was transferred to the Nineteenth Army Group while the Fifth and Eighteenth Armies formed the new core of the Fifth Army Group. The Fifth Army Group was assigned to Task Force Confederation, along with the Seventeenth, Twenty-second, and Twenty-fourth Army Groups.
- Second Army
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 42, "Second Army"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 120-121, "Operation CHIEFTAIN Star League Defense Forces Order of Battle"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 37, "Military Regions and Army Groups"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 45, "Eighteenth Army"