5th Fusiliers of Oriente
|Fifth Fusiliers of Oriente|
|Previous Designation(s)||Bolton's Rangers
208th Hussar Regiment
|Nickname||The Andalusia Division|
|Affiliation||Free Worlds League|
|Parent Command||Fusiliers of Oriente|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Notes
- 6 Game Rules
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
Originally the Star League Defense Force's 208th Hussar Regiment as a part of the LVI Corps, Nineteenth Army, to an undisclosed district within the Periphery. The 208th survived the Periphery Uprising and the Hegemony Campaign, and refused to leave the Inner Sphere as part of Aleksandr Kerensky's Exodus in 2784. Prized possessions of the regiment include a letter of commendation with Kerensky's signature, and a two minute video showing an Orion BattleMech destroying the gate to the Star League Presidential Palace on Terra, the implication being that they were present for the final stages of the Amaris Civil War.
They worked as a mercenary unit known as Bolton's Rangers and signed on with House Kurita, but suffered from treachery at the hands of Kurita's military bureaucracy, and left to work for the Duke of Oriente.
Fifth Brigade of the Fusiliers of Oriente
Third Succession War
4th Succession War
The unit has protect their technical legacy very tied and this matériel was used as foundation to rebuild former lost knowledge and the LCCC give the command the liberty to develop their own weapons configuration for tests. These conditions allowed the long-serving force to hold the defenses against much heavier odds from the Lyran side. In 3047 the Brigade was defending Pingree where two comapines held off a larger Lyran force raid than then was repelled by the rest of the unit.
Prior to the dissolution of the second Star League, the members of the Fifth Fusiliers of Oriente were considering rejoining the SLDF under their original colors and unit designation, the 208th Hussar Regulars. These plans came to nothing however. They were stationed on Thermopolis in 3067 and the Fifth Fusiliers moved to intercept the 4th Alliance Guards and 4th Skye Rangers regiments of House Steiner that were invading the world, sustaining heavy losses. In the process the 5th lost the Mrithkin Interplanetary Spaceport and retreating to Crete City.
|Commanding Officers of the 208th Hussar Regiment|
|Commanding Officers of the Bolton's Rangers|
|Commanding Officers of the 5th Fusiliers of Oriente|
|Colonel||Jerry Wagner||3052 - 3068|
The 5th like direct attacks, to smash down the enemy components.
Bolton's Rangers (Regiment/Veteran/Questionable)
- Note: In 2821 the medium-weight command was reduced to 96 percent of its strength and was deployed on Kuzuu. 
Bolton's Rangers (Regiment/Elite/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Kuzuu with an operational readiness of 157 percent. 
Bolton's Rangers (Regiment/Veteran/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Orestes with an operational readiness of 56 percent. 
5th Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Pavel Bolton
5th Fusiliers of Oriente (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
5th Brigade (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Jerry Wagner (still in command in 3068)
- XO: Force Commander Kate Wagner-Bryce
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Andrew McIntyre
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Brian Domenic
- Wing Commander: Commodore Anghel Iordunescu
346th Heavy Tank Regiment (1 Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Shigeru Waseda
2nd Mechanized Infantry, 19th League Static Defense Unit (1 Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Troop Commander: Lt. Colonel Lianne White
When the attacker in a scenario the Fifth receives a +2 Initiative bonus, and can use Force the Initiative and Overrun Combat abilities. When fighting in flatland terrain, they receive a -2 Initiative penalty.
- BattleCorps: INN Newscast (Solaris Broadcasting Co. section), news item published [31/03/3068]: "Lyran Troops Attacking Thermopolis"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 224
- The Star League, p. 157, "Nineteenth Army"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 96
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 96
- Blake Ascending, p. 78
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 36
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 79, "5th Fusiliers of Oriente Unit Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 104
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 89
- Dawn of the Jihad, p. 78, "Steiners Launch Second Wave"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 151
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 161
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 8
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 15
- Dawn of the Jihad, p. 80
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 10 - Fifth Fusiliers not listed as an active command.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 75
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108, "FWL Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 56, "FWLM Deployment Table"
- First Succession War, p. 137
- Second Succession War, p. 97
- Historical: Brush Wars, p.86
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 131
- 20 Year Update
- BattleCorps Solaris Broadcasting Co., 31/03/3068: "Lyran Troops Attacking Thermopolis"
- Blake Ascending
- Dawn of the Jihad
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: FWLM
- Field Report: LAAF
- Historical: Brush Wars
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)'
- The Star League
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised