5th Garrison (Clan Widowmaker)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|5th Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 2834)|
The Fifth Provisional Garrison Cluster was a second line formation of Clan Widowmaker. They were equipped with conventional forces and assigned to Spiderholm, a huge defended military complex, on Roche.
In some of the last fighting of the Widowmaker Absorption Clan Wolf attacked Spiderholm the home to the last surviving Widowmaker forces. On the 11th December 2834 the Eleventh Wolf Guards Cluster mounted an attack, which the First Spinner Cluster along with the Fifth Provisional Garrison Cluster attempted to counter. Led by saKhan Kyle Vordermark the Widowmakers engaged the Wolves on the outskirts of the fortress. The conventional forces of the Fifth pushed the Wolves' initial attacks back, to the surprise of Vordermark. As the Wolves started to retreat, a Star from the Eleventh ignored orders and broke through Spiderholm's first gate is a suicidal assault. Seeing his own defenses cave in so easily, Vordermark retreated inside Spiderholm leaving the Fifth to face destruction, while the First fled inside Spiderholm.
|Commanding Officers of the 5th Garrison (Clan Widowmaker)|
They were equipped with conventional forces.
- Operational Turning Points: Widowmaker Absorption, p. 25-6