5th Liao Guards
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Fifth Liao Guards|
|Formed||First Succession War|
|Disbanded||Destroyed during the Second Succession War|
|Parent Command||Liao Guards|
Succession Wars Era
During the opening of the Second Succession War, the Fifth Guards were assigned to Operation CELT, which was designed by Chancellor Ilsa Liao as part of her push toward the lost worlds of the Chesterton Commonality. Launched in 2829, it's first actions was taking House Davion world of Smolensk. The planetary invasion did not face much resistance from the world's defenders. However, the Guards along with other units assigned to CELT were recalled back to the Confederation.
Ultimately the unit did not survive the fighting of the war, was destroyed along with most of the regiments of the Liao Guard brigade.
|Commanding Officers of the 5th Liao Guards|
5th Liao Guards (Regiment/Green/Questionable)
- - At this point in time the Grenadiers were a medium-weight regiment operating at just below three-quarters of full strength and were stationed on Capella.
5th Liao Guards (Regiment/Green/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Capella with an operational readiness of 95 percent.  The unit was destroyed during the war. .
- Eleventh Succession War (Source Book), p. 136, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF) - Deployment Table"
- Second Succession War, p. 23 The Suns-Confederation Front - "Fifth Liao Guards noted taking part of Operation CELT and it's minor action of taking Smolensk."
- Second Succession War (Source Book), p. 95 - "Status of the Liao Guards, including the Fifth.
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 95