5th Liao Lancers
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Fifth Liao Lancers|
|Disbanded||First Succession War|
|Nickname||The Demeter Lancers|
|Parent Command||Liao Lancers|
The Fifth Liao Lancers were raised as part of the Liao Lancers brigade. Though traditionally Liao Lancers units drew approximately one third of their force consisted of citizens of their name world, in this case Demeter, it is unclear if the Fifth was so staffed. The Fifth Lancers were formed around a core of eco-terrorists who opposed the Federated Suns' industrialization of Demeter, which was a largely agricultural world. They were unsuccessful in their attempts to stop the industrialization, and fled to the Capellan Confederation.
They were one of the seven Liao Lancer units to exist before the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650. In 2765 they were stationed on Angelsey. The Fifth were destroyed during the First Succession War.
|Commanding Officers of the 5th Liao Lancers|
Fifth Liao Lancers (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Angelsey.
Fifth Liao Lancers (Regular/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Fifth was a heavy-weight regiment operating at full strength and was stationed on Angelsey.
- Tenth Succession War, p. 136, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF)"
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 12