61st Firestorm (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|61st Firestorm Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|Nickname||The Brimstone Cluster|
|Parent Formation||Kindraa Mattila-Carrol|
The Sixty-first Firestorm Cluster provided two Stars to Clan Fire Mandrill's Provisional Assault Cluster that competed in the Trials prior to Operation Revival in 3048. It was stationed on Marshall in 3059, and were still in position in 3067.
In 3072 Clan Steel Viper forces attacked the Kindraa's industrial complex of Molten on Barcella. The Sixty First Firestorm Cluster put up a solid defence, losing half it's warriors before being forced to surrender. Those that managed to retreat from the destroyed Cluster joined up with the First Fire Assault Cluster at Mockva. 
|Commanding Officers of the 61st Firestorm|
|Star Colonel||Drax Mattila||3059 - 3067|
The Cluster is often employed to tie up enemy forces, while fast strike teams attack their rear supply areas to destroy stocks and repair assets.
- 6 Binaries, includes:
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 19-20
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 149, "Clan Fire Mandrill"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 71, "Clan Fire Mandrill"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 110, "The Hellion Fades"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 49, "Unit Profile"