61st Striker (Clan Steel Viper)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|61st Striker Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|Nickname||The Heirs of Cukulcan|
|Parent Formation||Delta Galaxy|
War of Reaving
In January 3072 the Sixty-first Striker Cluster along with the Second Eridani Lancers Cluster from Clan Goliath Scorpion landed on Shadow to join forces with Clan Coyote to undertake the Reaving of Kindraa Mick-Kline-Kreese-Sainze. As was agreed the Coyote force attacked first their assault caught the defenders totally by surprise as did their inclusion of new technologies such as the Assault ProtoMechs, so much so that their three to one odds could not prevent a Coyote victory. The surviving Fire Mandrills including saKhan Dakar Mick surrendered themselves to the Coyote force and were slaughtered by the Coyote Elemental Honor Guard. The honor Guard then turned their weapons on the attendant Viper and Scorpion warriors as the rest of Lambda Galaxy wiped out both clusters. 
|Commanding Officers of the 61st Striker|
|Star Colonel||Sally Bukannon||3061 - 3067|
The combat style of the Cluster was offensively minded.
Sixty-first Striker Cluster - Regular/Reliable 
Sixty-first Striker Cluster - Veteran/Reliable 
- 100% full strength
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 151, "61st Striker Cluster Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 166
- Field Manual: Update, p. 80
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 91, "Death Rides Forth"