691st Jump Infantry Brigade
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|691st Jump Infantry Brigade|
|Unit Profile (as of 2780)|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
The Six Hundred Ninety-first Jump Infantry Brigade was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2725, in the Vaucluse system, the 691st received a distress call from the planet Filtvelt while their jumpships were in a stable jump point. Filtvelt was under the attack of a notorious pirate leading a company of BattleMechs and needed assistance. Acting quickly, the 691st jumped their vessels into a pirate point above Filtvelt and used their speed to surround and destroy the pirate force. Through their actions, they earned the nickname "The Filtvelt Fusiliers" for their parent unit, the 123rd Jump Infantry Division.
|Commanding Officers of the 691st Jump Infantry Brigade|
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 65, "123rd Jump Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 151, "Third"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 13, "Brigades"