69th Provisional Garrison Cluster (Clan Ghost Bear)
|Sixty-ninth Provisional Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Omicron Galaxy|
The Sixty-ninth PGC was created by Galaxy Commander Kedric Gilmour, who moved all of Omicron's AeroSpace assets into two Clusters. The Sixty-ninth was highly skilled in combined arms and ground support operations. The large number of fighters often confused an enemy and in several cases ended a Trial before the enemy knew what happened. Though they preferred to attack grounded targets, the Sixty-ninth was also capable of performing JumpShip escort duties and deep space strikes. In 3061 they were stationed at Soverzene. In 3067 the 69th PGC had moved into the Inner Sphere along with the rest of the Ghost Bears, and were stationed at Goito.
During the Jihad, the Sixty-ninth Provisional Garrison Cluster deployed alongside the First and Seventh Bear Regulars in the assault to liberate the Draconis Combine world of Cebalrai in mid August 3075. Having established landing zones, the Seventh Bear Regulars - along with the First Bear Regulars and Sixty-ninth PGC - swiftly pushed the defending forces from the Cebalrai Protectorate Militia and their supporting mercenaries off the continent of Lennori and continued to pursue them across Sarrina, a pursuit that culminated in a bloody three-day campaign to seize control of New Wade, the capital city of Cebalrai. New Wade was secured by the Ghost Bears on the 18th of August and the government re-established; concerns about rogue Blakist units and supporters led to the First remaining in place to both act as guards and recuperate from their losses.
The Seventh Bear Regulars and the Sixty-ninth PGC continued to harry the retreating Cebalrai Protectorate Militia and their supporting mercenary forces, pursuing them back to Dragga, where the Blakists still controled the three main cities. The main Blakist strength was at Kamrin, a heavily industrial city, and the Ghost Bear forces were driving deep into the city when the Blakists acted out of desperation and detonated a chain of five neutron bombs that had been concealed under the city. The results were devastating for the Seventh Regulars and the Sixty-ninth PGC, who were collectively reduced to just a handful of survivors.
With the Ghost Bears still in control of the bulk of Cebalrai the Tenth Provisional Garrison Cluster was deployed to the planet to secure Dragga, a campaign that took until at least the 23rd of August; even with the Blakists annihilated, the casualties inflicted on the Seventh Regulars and the Sixty-ninth PGC were such that Omicron Galaxy halted offensive operations temporarily to reassess the campaign and attempt to recover its strength.
The Republic of the Sphere established a memorial to the Ghost Bears who died liberating Cebalrai; a huge sculpture of a Ghost Bear, carved from obsidian, was placed in the center of Kamrin, the location of the final conflict between the Ghost Bears and the Blakists.
|Commanding Officers of the 69th Provisional Garrison Cluster (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Star Colonel||William||3061 - 3067|
The Sixty-ninth prefers to attack grounded targets.
- CO: Star Colonel William
- In common with every other unit in the Clan Ghost Bear touman at this point in time, the units within the Sixty-ninth PGC receive a +1 modifier to any dice roll on Random Weight-Class tables to determine Star or Binary/Trinary type.
- When units from the Sixty-ninth PGC are the defenders, the attacking force has two choices: to bargain for safcon, or to attack, with different rules coming into play based on the chosen option:
- If the attacker bargains for safcon, the Sixty-ninth PGC player chooses which edge of the map will be his home edge first.
- If the attacker bargains for safcon, the Sixty-ninth PGC player wins Initiative automatically in the first turn, and receives a +1 Bonus to Initiative rolls for the remainder of the game.
- If the attacker elects to attack, 2d6 is rolled for each attacking unit. On a roll of 12, that unit is destroyed. On a roll of 2, that unit suffers 2d6 damage allocated in 5-point clusters.
- If the attacker is arriving via a combat drop, he may not request safcon. Instead of rolling for potential damage as described above, the attacker must apply a +2 modifier to the landing roll target number for each dropping unit.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 97, "69th Provisional Garrison Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 164
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 47, "Cebalrai Free, But At What Cost?"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 6, "Cebalrai World Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 180, "Clan Ghost Bear"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 181, "Sixty-ninth PGC"