6th Andurien Guards
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Sixth Andurien Guard|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Andurien Guard|
The Dark Age
Like the other regiments of the Andurien Guard, the Sixth Andurien Guard was founded to act as a defensive force, taking advantage of heavy equipment to stand up to invaders, in deliberate contrast with the hit-and-run tactics of the sister regiments in the Andurien Rangers. The Sixth was one of the Andurien Guard regiments to be founded during the Dark Age, after the Duchy of Andurien had seceded from the Free Worlds League during the Jihad.
In 3145 the Sixth was the heaviest of the Guard regiments, and the most experienced. The Sixth was also distinct from the other Guard regiments in that it trained for both defensive and offensive operations; while located on Ryerson alongside the Third Andurien Rangers, both commands used to stage regular exercises against each other to judge the effectiveness of their tactics. Pitching the hit-and-fade tactics of the Rangers against the assault and defense maneuvers of the Guard resulted in both units trading wins back and forth.
|Commanding Officers of the 6th Andurien Guards|
The Dark Age
With an emphasis on defensive operations, the Sixth used heavy aerospace fighters to demoralize invading forces through ground-support and bombing attacks. The Sixth regularly trained alongside units from the Andurien Rangers and Andurien Cavalry to improve coordination between the various brigades.
Colors and Insignia
The paint scheme used by the Sixth consisted of vertical stripes in alternating shades of khaki and green.
- CO: Colonel Virgilio Jordan
Sixth Guard Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Geoffrey Marsh
Sixth Guard Armor Battalion (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Major Alice Dalton
Sixth Guard Infantry Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Edward Osborn
- Field Manual: 3145 refers to the Andurien Guards as the Andurien Guard in the text, but the Andurien Guards in the unit table listing.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 113, "Andurien Guard"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117, "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force"