- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|6th Ghost Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|Nickname||Life Through Service|
|Parent Formation||Ghost Regiments|
The 6th Ghost Regiment was Draconis Combine-modeled after FedCom Regiment Combat Teams. The brainchild of Theodore Kurita's forward thinking, the Sixth was part of his preparation for war with the then-forming Federated Commonwealth.
The unit originally consisted of all women from various lower castes (eta and hinin castes) of Combine society. The regiment became a haven for female warriors whom were usually repressed by male dominated warrior culture.
The unit uses a picture of a traditional Japanese bansai tree in front of setting sun as their insignia.
As part of its formation, Theodore Kurita wished to find non-traditional warriors, for the Sixth he reviewed trade schools. He found Tai-sa Oltion in an Engineering School. Through her engineering background she used her abilities to design tactics to entrap her opponents.
War of 3039
The unit was stationed on the world of Shimonoseki in 3038. The unit was called into action and deployed with the 5th Ghost Regiment to retake the world of Biham from the 8th Crucis Lancers and their attached mercenary support unit, Laurel's Legion.
The Sixth Ghost arrived with its sister unit on July 13th, after ISF and local resistance forces bombed the meeting with 8th Crucis's leader Marshal Swaine attending. In transit from the Jump Point, there were last clashes between both sides. However, the bombing of the command staff on the planet left the AFFS forces in confusion, leaving them unable to attack Combine forces properly.
On the 19th, the units landed unopposed southwest of Hoshina city. The Sixth conducted a series of lightning raids to gather intelligence and keep the enemy forces off balance. The raids, organized in Company sizes, were conducted based on each individual unit's strength and weakness due to their lack of experience working as a regiment as a whole. The sheer speed of the attacks took AFFS command staff by surprise. Once reports were received, the Ghost attack forces had left.
Through the month of August, the 6th Ghost and its sister unit slowly began a battle that disrupted the command staff of the AFFS forces, giving the impression of them losing control of Biham. The Crucis Lancers and Laurel's Legion did not work well together due to mistrust between the two, causing them to lose ground. The Legion feeling cut off and facing superior numbers, abandoned the 8th Crucis Lancers. The 6th Ghost and other forces forced Lancers later, in early September, to abandon the planet after heavy fighting.
Tai-sa Olton was planted in advance of the Clan forces' arrival, devising inventive traps and digging the unit in to make it a tough battle for the Clan Warriors to win. The 6th Ghost's efforts proved highly successful for months, being able to stay ahead of the Cluster's efforts. However, things turned when the battle for the planet was drawn into the city of Thoughnet. The close quarters fighting forced the Ghosts to abandon their prepared positions and fight the Third Jaguar Cavaliers in open terrain. The battle turned on the Ghosts, forcing them to withdraw, taking significant casualties to their Aerospace forces covering their escape.
In 3059, the 6th Ghost was among the units to reclaim two worlds from Clan Nova Cat. The Trial of Possession for Bjarred consisted of Tai-sa Oliton flipping a coin. They "successfully" won Bjarred and Tarnby. The unit supported other units to fight the Smoke Jaguars on Schwartz. The 6th was able to gain a large quantity of Clan equipment, which it turned over to DCMS High Command. In returned the unit received two companies worth of Combine-designed OmniMechs. Despite the unit's high mobility, they re-organized to have several Assault 'Mech lances to balance their large quantity of lighter machines. The Aerospace force was built up from its three Flights of fighters to two Wings, recruiting from universities and academies from all over the Combine.
Combine-Ghost Bear War
The Sixth Ghost took heavy casualties during the Combine-Ghost Bear War of 3062. The unit was sent to reinforce the beleaguered 2nd Legion of Vega, where their combined efforts held the planet from capture.
In May of 3072, the Sixth Ghost was garrisoning the Military district capital of Benjamin. After repelling a surprise attack by Draconis March forces, the unit fell under attack when the 28th Division of the Word of Blake, accompanied by the 45th Shadow Division, assaulted the planet. The heavy fighting with the 28th Division forced the Ghost's commander to surrender.
|Commanding Officers of the 6th Ghost|
|Tai-sa||Katherine Oltion||3040 - 3067|
The 6th Ghost specializes in usual strategy. The unit uses high mobility forces to feint, conduct multiple small scale strikes against enemy forces, and uses these to frustrate and confuse the enemy. They are known to lure opposition into elaborate traps. The unit is also known to draw out the battle and use guerrilla-like tactics to wear the enemy down to ambush them.
6th Ghost (Regiment/Green/Questionable)
6th Ghost (Regiment/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Shimonoseki. 
6th Ghost (Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Katherine Oltion
- XO/2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Meito Makura
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Talon Mon
- The unit gained 24 OmniMechs in exchange for their secured Clan equipment over the years. The command is designated as a heavy unit, with some assault for sheer force and some lights for reconnaissance.
- Wing Commander: Dai-i Georgia Davidson
- The force is equipped with some advanced equipment for their new pilots fresh from the academy.
3rd Pathfinders (1 Battalion/Veteran/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Chu-sa Trevor Osada
13th Pesht Volunteer Force (1 Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Cameron Hiyana
- The unit can count on 4 conventional aircraft and 12 artillery pieces.
6th Ghost (Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Tai-sa Katherine Oltion
- CO: Chu-sa Georgia Davidson
- CO: Chu-sa Gabriel Dumont
13th Pesht Volunteer Force (Infantry Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Tai-sa Judith Kawanaka
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 81, "6th Ghost's background that was given information that unit consisted of women".
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 116 - "Unit Profile" - 6th Ghost's battle to hold onto Marshdale.
- Historical: War of 3039, pp. 81-82, "Battle for Biham".
- Era Report: 3052, p. 56
- Grave Covenant, pp. 275-278
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 116, "6th Ghost Regiment & Swiftness of Mercy flight info".
- Field Manual: Updates, pp. 114-115, "6th Ghost mini-profile update & 2nd Legion of Vega".
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 15
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 100, "28th Division unit profile" - 6th Ghost is defeated by the Blakist.
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 81, "Commanding officer of 6th Ghost named during retaking of Biham"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 116, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 116, "Tactics" - 6th Ghost trade mark tactics noted being unusual for heavy regiment.
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139 >Historical: War of 3039, p. 139
- 20-Year Update, p. 42
- Objective Raids, p.28