6th Lyran Regulars
|6th Lyran Regulars|
|Parent Command||Lyran Regulars|
The 6th Lyran Regulars was a Lyran Commonwealth regiment that went rogue at the begin of the Second Succession War, turning to piracy in the Periphery.
One of the Lyran Regulars units formed in the buildup prior to the First Succession War, at the start of that conflict the full strength Sixth was stationed on Unzmarkt. The Sixth Regulars would ultimately survive the so-called Great Succession War, but not without cost, battered down to half strength. As of 2821, the Sixth was posted to Arc-Royal.
Rebuilding on Arc-Royal as an assault weight-regiment during the lull between the First and Second Succession Wars, after the outbreak of the ComStar War and the Blessed Order's sanctions against the Free Worlds League, the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces High Command chose to redeploy the Sixth to garrison the recently captured League world of Graham IV. While the Free Worlds League Military was hard pressed against invasions from the other Great Houses, the League Central Coordination and Command ordered a counterattack against the Federation of Skye to distract the Commonwealth from strikes against Oliver and Graham IV in 2840. With the Lyrans caught by surprise, the LCAF units on Oliver and Graham IV found themselves cut-off from resupply or reinforcements.
Though the forces on Oliver were able hang on desperately until reinforcements were able to reach them in mid-March, the Sixth Lyran Regulars under Colonel Hendrik Grimm opted to abandon Graham IV in February 2840. Once a rising star in the LCAF, Grimm had become increasingly erratic, only saved from court-martial or medical discharged thanks to his ties to House Steiner. Transferred from the Third Lyran Regulars to the "safe" Sixth Lyran Regulars, the Sixth's untenable position on Graham IV caused the paranoid Grimm to snap, convinced that Archon Marcus Steiner had intentionally abandoned the Sixth to get rid of him. Though mentally unbalanced, Grimm retained the loyalty of those under his command who followed their commander in turning against the Commonwealth and going rogue.
The Lyran High Command gave the members of the unit seven days to return home but nothing happened, declaring them renegades and putting a bounty on the unit. Forces from both House Steiner and House Marik tried several times to collect the bounty but they failed every time, despite his erratic actions Grimm still retained his battlefield prowess and easily fended off their attempts with minimal losses. Grimm even expanded his rogue command after picking up defectors from the shattered Fifth Lyran Regulars, with Grimm's so-called "65th Lyran Regulars" ultimately marauding along the border between the nations for eleven weeks before fleeing into the Periphery.
Grimm led the "65th Lyran Regulars" to the world of Oberon VI in the coreward Periphery. There they lived a life as bandits and laid the foundation for the future Oberon Confederation pirate realm.
The Sixth was reformed at some point after 3085 only to be so shattered during the Third Battle of Tharkad that they were absorbed by the Eighth Lyran Regulars and removed from LCAF rolls once again.
|Commanding Officers of the 6th Lyran Regulars|
|Commanding Officers of the 65th Lyran Regulars|
2786 - 2821
6th Lyran Regulars (Regiment/Green/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the heavy-weight unit was stationed on Unzmarkt. In 2821 the command was reduced to 53 percent of its strength and was deployed on Arc-Royal. 
6th Lyran Regulars (Regiment/Green/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the assault-weight unit was stationed on Arc-Royal with an operational readiness of 101 percent.  The unit defected during the war. 
- Original sources usually quote Hendrik Grimm as having commanded the 54th or 65th Lyran Regulars. Second Succession War (sourcebook), the most recent source, named the 6th Lyran Regulars instead. When queried, Assistant Line Developer Ray "Adrian Gideon" Arrastia replied in an official thread in what constitutes an official ruling: There was never a possibility for a 65th, so it had to be addressed. The old logo/nick was for the old 6th, then the “65th” as the combined unit was known."
- ↑ First Succession War, p. 139 "Deployment Tables - Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces (LCAF)"
- ↑ Second Succession War, p. 99 "Deployment Tables - Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces (LCAF)"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Second Succession War, p. 81 "Timeline of the Second Succession War"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Second Succession War, p. 50 "The Four-Front War: Operation COOKIE JAR and the ComStar War (2837–2742)"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 56 "Tales of Grimm"
- ↑ Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 37, "The Republic-Commonwealth War"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, pp. 132-133: "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3145, p. 128: "Lyran Guards"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 First Succession War, p. 139
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Second Succession War, p. 99