6th Orloff Grenadiers
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|6th Orloff Grenadiers BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Nickname||The Lucky Sixth|
|Parent Formation||Orloff Grenadiers|
The Sixth was sent to Irian in March 2842 as part of a task force to relieve the planet's defenders, who were under Lyran assault. There, they managed to lure the heavier and more experienced Seventh Donegal Guards into a trap.
The Sixth Orloff Grenadiers attacked Tiber in 3015. There they faced off against the Ducal Guard, loyal to Anton Marik. The Sixth and 8th Orloff Grenadiers combined their forces and destroyed the rebel unit. This victory didn't come easily however; The Orloff Grenadiers lost nearly half their strength. Shortly thereafter, the Sixth and Eighth Grenadiers recaptured Sophie's World from the rebels, and then landed on Emris IV where they destroyed the 18th Marik Militia and the Fifth Ducal Guard.
Fourth Succession War
3030's through 3050's
The Sixth Orloff Grenadiers didn't participate in the Andurien Secession or Operation Guerrero. Instead during this time they defended Cerillos (their baseworld) against attacks from the 42nd Avalon Hussars and troops from the Circinus Federation. In 3058 the Sixth was ordered to discourage further adventurism by the Federation. They landed on Circinus like the wrath of a vengeful deity, inflicting massive losses on the McIntyre House Guard before returning to their baseworld. In several cases they timed their strikes to occur after similar raids by the Lyran Alliance's Teyvareb TTM.
The Sixth didn't participate in Operation Bulldog. In the late 3060's the unit was targeted by many pirate raids and retaliatory strikes by the Circinus Federation. As of 3067, they hadn't taken any action to dissuade these attacks and were having difficulty responding to them.
In 3070, the Sixth was scheduled to assist the 1st Free Worlds Guards during their assault on Syrma. Unfortunately they never arrived, and the First was forced to withdraw. During the Jihad the Sixth Orloff Grenadiers were shattered by mercenaries employed by the Word of Blake. The Sixth had fallen back from Alliance space to station Asuncion when they found themselves under attack by the mercenary unit Barrett's Fusiliers. The Fusiliers had been stationed on the nearby world of Zion when the other major unit on the planet, the 3rd Free Worlds Guards lifted off Zion without orders to launch an attack into Capellan space. As the League dissolved into chaos, the Fusiliers were told by the planetary government on Zion that as a temporary measure, the Zion government would be assuming control of their contract, and ordered the Fusiliers to secure Asuncion and put down a rebellion on that planet.
The Fusiliers were surprised by the presence of the Sixth on Asuncion, announced when the Sixth's air wing intercepted the Fusiliers soon after their arrival at a local pirate point. The Fusiliers' air forces punched through the Sixth's fighter screen, and the mercenaries landed and deployed around the Plans of Schakondra, southwest of the planetary capital and north of the Forest of Kendra. This strength of this cautious approach was buoyed by the Fusiliers deploying a 'Mech battalion and significant artillery assets within the Forest. Colonel Loge soon met the Fusiliers in a fierce combat action, despite coming under a significant artillery barrage from the mercenaries' hidden artillery assets, followed by bombardment from heavy bombers when Loge ordered the Sixth to charge through the artillery barrage to engage the Fusiliers.
The mercenaries charged in turn, with two mercenary 'Mech battalions attempting to push the Sixth back against the edge of the Forest and thereby limit their mobility and ability to maneuvre; the Fusiliers' armored cavalry circled the Sixth to attack the Sixth's secondary forces, while the Fusiliers' third battalion emerged from the Forest and completed the encirclement of the Sixth. With mounting casualties and her support cut off, Colonel Loge called for a cease fire; Colonel Barrett allowed the surviving personnel from the Sixth to leave Asuncion, but claimed all of their equipment, effectively destroying the Sixth as a combat formation. The Fusiliers then imposed martial law on Asuncion in the name of the Zion government and rebuilt using the seized equipment while waiting for new elections to be held on the world.
|Commanding Officers of the 6th Orloff Grenadiers|
|Colonel||Patricia Loge||3050 . 3070|
In any engagement the entire unit splits into three smaller combined arms units (each composed of a battalion of 'Mechs, mechanized infantry, and light armor) and uses this to maximize confusion.
2786 - 2821
6th Orloff Grenadiers^ (Regiment/Regular/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Pavia. In 2821 the command was reduced to 46 of its strength and was deployed at Calloway VI. 
6th Orloff Grenadiers (Regiment/Veteran/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Elnath with an operational readiness of 74 percent. 
6th Orloff Grenadiers (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Ramen II with an operational readiness of 26 percent. 
6th Orloff Grenadiers (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Hosan Chilung
6th Orloff Grenadiers(Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical)
6th Orloff Grenadiers (Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Patricia Loge
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Cerillos.
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Patricia Loge
- XO: Force Commander Jamie Kemp
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Chan Tai Keong
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Eduard McGrath
- Wing Commander: Commodore Stefan De Haan
53rd Regulan Light Armor (1 Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Bimalakshu Chaudrey
9th Guerreros a Caballo (1 Regiment/Regular/Reliabe)
- Troop Commander: Lt. Colonel Homer Constantinou
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 103, "6th Orloff Grenadiers Unit Profile"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 30
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 32
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 120
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 157
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 24, "Retreat"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 13
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 29, "Barrett's Fusiliers"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 109, "FWL Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 57, "FWLM Deployment Table"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 138
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 98
- Historical: Brush Wars, p.86