6th Sword of Light
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Sixth Sword of Light BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2913)|
|Parent Formation||Sword of Light|
|Formed||First Succession War|
|Disbanded||First Succession War|
Star League Era
Prior to the 2740s, the Sword of Light brigade consisted of a dozen BattleMech and conventional regiments. Coordinator Takiro Kurita reorganised the brigade into five reinforced regiments, reinventing them as the "soul of the DCMS". It is unclear if the Sixth Sword of Light was still an active regiment after the Age of War and prior to Takiro's reforms, but the Sixth was an inactive command throughout the remainder of the Star League era.
First Succession War
The Sixth Sword of Light was reactivated as a medium-weight, elite and fanatical regiment during the First Succession War. During the First Succession War, Coordinator Minoru Kurita personally led the Sixth in an offensive to take Kentares IV from elements of the Seventh Crucis Lancers. During the attack Minoru was assassinated by a Lancers sniper, the trigger event for what would later become known as the Kentares Massacre.
By the end of the First Succession War the Sixth had been disbanded.
Third Succession War
The Lyran Operation Freedom began in February 2913 and initially went well, as DCMS commanders were shocked the supposedly inferior Lyran soldiers could launch such an offensive. Personally commanding the Third Royal Guards, Eric Steiner led the attack on the planet Freedom, outmaneuvering the Sixth Sword of Light and trapping two battalions of the regiment in a valley facing artillery and air support fire. After wearing the stunned Kuritans down, Eric personally led his BattleMech forces into the valley, completely destroying the two Sixth Sword of Light Battalions.
|Commanding Officers of the 6th Sword of Light|
Sixth Sword of Light
Seventeenth Pesht Infantry
2786 - 2821
6th Sword of Light (Regiment/Elite/Fanatical) 
- Note: In 2821 the medium-weight command was disbanded 
First Succession War
- Between 2786 and 2807, the composition of randomly-generated lances from the Sixth Sword of Light are determined using a single roll on the Random Unit Assignment Tables per lance, with all of the lance 'Mechs being the resulting type. Between 2808 and 2819, the lance composition is determined using two rolls on the Random Unit Assignment Tables per lance, and from 2820 lance composition is determined using one roll per 'Mech per lance.
- When generating Sixth Sword of Light forces using Random Unit Assignment Tables during the First Succession War, the Sword of Light receives a +4 modifier to each roll on the appropriate table.
- Field Report 2765: DCMS, p. 8, "Sword of Light"
- First Succession War, p. 137, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery (DCMS)"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 71
- Swords of Light and Darkness
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 137
- First Succession War, p. 147, "Force Compositions"
- First Succession War, p. 147, "RAT Die Roll Modifiers by Combat Command Table"