6th Valkyrie (Rasalhague Dominion)
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Valkyrie Galaxy|
In 3098, the Ghost Bear Dominion would enter war with Clan Nova Cat and the Draconis Combine. The conflict would be escalated by Black Dragon Society operatives, pushing the Draconis Combine into conflict to rid themselves of Clan Nova Cat.
During the conflict, Rasalhague System would be raided by a Naval Task Force consisting of Draconis Combine's entire surviving WarShip fleet. On planet at the time, on April 29th, 3100 the Sixth Valkyries would scramble to aid the Ursa Major. However, the Sixth was unable to come to aid of the warship, where it would be destroyed be combine fire from all four vessels, taking two with them.
By the mid-thirty-second century the Clusters of Valkyrie Galaxy had been reassigned, and no longer served as escorts for the Rasalhague; instead, each was assigned to the defense of a major world, with the Second assigned to Alshain and the sixth to Rasalhague. Each Cluster had been rebuilt to one hundred and fifty aerospace fighters, and Valkyrie Galaxy had been augmented by the addition of four Aesir-class DropShips - the Balder, Gefjun, Syn and Var - which had been split between the two Clusters to give each the ability to rove throughout their assigned systems with heavy support.
|Commanding Officers of the 6th Valkyrie (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Commanding Officers of the 6th Valkyrie (Rasalhague Dominion)|
- Field Report: Clans, p. 11, "Valkyrie Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 128, "Valkyrie Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 172, "Clan Force Deployments - Rasalhague Dominion"
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, pp. 35-36 The Fall - Naval Battle of Rasalhague - Wave 3 - Sixth Valkyries are noted being assigned to Rasalhague during the naval engagement between the Urasa Major and entire Draconis Combine's warship fleet.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 163, "Valkyrie Galaxy"