71st Phalanx (Clan Steel Viper)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Zeta Galaxy|
The Seventy-first Phalanx was a second line military formation.
|Commanding Officers of the 71st Phalanx|
|Star Colonel||Maya Thibaudeau||3061 - 3067|
In the 3050s the unit contained mainly second line equipment and the Star Colonel used the knowledge about the weapons of each machine to great effect. In the planning phase the Commander can select the right machines for the matching situation. During battles the radio traffic was reduced to a minimum and this made their opponents insecure. Electronic Warfare was also of limited use.
Seventy-first Phalanx - Regular/Reliable 
Seventy-first Phalanx - Regular/Reliable
- 90% full strength
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 146, "71st Phalanx Profile"
- Objective Raids, p. 30
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 168
- Field Manual: Update, p. 80
- The Wars of Reaving, p.149-150