73rd Battle (Rasalhague Dominion)
|Seventy-third Battle Cluster|
Clan Ghost Bear (previous)
|Parent Command||Alpha Galaxy|
Delta Galaxy (previously)
Formed from the remains of the Third Bear Striker Cluster after their devastating losses on Thule and reinforcements sent from the Clan Homeworlds prior to the Fifth Wave, the Seventy-third Battle Cluster was a part of Delta Galaxy
The Seventy-Third Battle fought on the following worlds during the invasion of the Inner Sphere:
First Clan Ghost Bear/Draconis Combine War
As a part of Delta Galaxy the Seventy-third took an active role in the war between the Ghost Bears, the Draconis Combine and their Clan Nova Cat allies. Acting with support from Rho, Tau and Zeta Galaxies Delta led strikes against the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery forces on Kanowit and Kiesen while battling the Nova Cats on Itabaiana and Labrea.
The Seventy-third continued to serve as a part of Delta Galaxy during the Jihad, up until the Cluster was rendered combat-ineffective. As a light, fast-moving Galaxy, Delta Galaxy was heavily tasked during the Jihad when Clan Ghost Bear launched a series of attacks against the Word of Blake. Delta Galaxy supported Beta Galaxy during the liberation of the Draconis Combine world of Pesht before becoming the lead formation in Delta Wave of the Ghost Bear campaign. Delta Wave saw Delta Galaxy attack and hold the Word of Blake Protectorate worlds of Eltanin and Alya in late August 3075, securing the flank of the Ghost Bear push towards Terra, before pausing to wait for the Ghost Bear forces in Beta Wave to catch up.
After Beta Wave caught up with Delta Wave, Delta Galaxy went on to take the Protectorate worlds of Kervil and Sabik in attacks launched on the 21st of July 3076 and then Skondia in September 3076 before surprising friend and foe alike when they appeared in the Thorin system in 3077 and savaged the Blakist forces there via an intense orbital bombardment even as the Blakists were being besieged by a contingent from the Lyran Alliance. While none of the engagements Delta fought in were as brutal or large scale as some of the other Ghost Bear campaigns such as the liberation of Dieron or Dyev, Delta was in combat almost continuously, and this evoked a heavy toll on the Galaxy; the damage taken through attrition on six worlds was enough that by 3079 both the Sixty-eighth and 115th Striker Clusters had been disbanded and none of the surviving Clusters could muster more than forty-five percent of full strength.
The Rasalhague Dominion made the decision to disband Delta Galaxy between 3079 and 3085; the surviving Clusters were reallocated to other Galaxies to speed up the rebuilding process, with the Eighth Bear Cuirassiers and the Seventy-third Battle joining Alpha Galaxy whilst the 140th Striker Cluster was moved into Beta Galaxy.
Alpha Galaxy was rebuilt rapidly after the Jihad, in part through the disbandment of Delta Galaxy and the incorporation of Clusters from Delta but also through Alpha's posting on and around Alshain, where the Galaxy had access to the very best new equipment available. By 3085 every Cluster within Alpha was operating at fifty-five percent of full strength of more.
The Seventy-third Battle was incorporated into Alpha Galaxy during the Dark Age. Alpha Galaxy continued to serve as the lead Galaxy for the Rasalhague Dominion, and as such spent a considerable amount of time protecting Alshain, the cultural heart of Clan Ghost Bear. Given that Khan Dalia Bekker regarded the Republic of the Sphere with reverence it was a foregone conclusion that Alpha Galaxy would be sent to secure the worlds of Alrakis and Konstance as the Inner Sphere began to erupt into widespread warfare again. Having deployed in 3135, Alpha Galaxy only remained in place until Omega Galaxy secured Vega.
Although Alpha Galaxy wasn't around for subsequent events leading up to the formation of the Vega Protectorate, many in Alpha came to feel that steps should have been taken to prevent Omega Galaxy from "going native" at the time, and given Khan Bekkar's conservative views there was a building sense of expectation that Alpha would be called on to remove Omega's taint.
In 3145 a Trinary from the Seventy-third raided Kanowit in February of that year. The Trinary challenged a company of the 1st Sword of Light and the two commanders engaged in combat. After a few minutes of combat, Star Captain Hershel Hall's Gravedigger had been decapitated by Sho-sa Seth Granderssen's No-Dachi. The Seventy-third left Kanowit shortly thereafter.
|Commanding Officers of the 73rd Battle (Clan Ghost Bear)|
|Star Colonel||François Cote||3052|
|Commanding Officers of the 73rd Battle (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Star Colonel||Marjorie DelVillar||3061 - 3067|
|Star Colonel||Scott Jorgensson||3085|
|Commanding Officers of the 73rd Battle (Rasalhague Dominion)|
|Star Colonel||Latoria Devon||3145|
The Cluster uses intensive air strikes to soften an enemy up.
- Trinary Command - Star Captain Hoston Bekker
- 314th Battle Trinary - Star Captain Hee Silva
- Alpha Battle Star (5 OmniMechs)
- Bravo Battle Star (5 OmniMechs)
- Charlie Battle Star (5 OmniMechs)
- 433rd Supernova Trinary - Star Captain Majorie DelVillar
- 72nd Striker Trinary - Star Captain John Bekker
- Alpha Striker Star (5 OmniMechs)
- Bravo Striker Star (5 OmniMechs)
- Echo Fighter Trinary - Star Captain Felicia Jorgensson)
- Alpha Fighter Star (10 OmniFighters)
- Bravo Fighter Star (10 OmniFighters)
- Trinary Command (Star Captain Hoston Bekker) (2 OmniMech Stars, 1 OmniFighter Star)
- 314th Battle Trinary (Star Captain Hee Silva) (3 OmniMech Stars)
- 433rd Supernova (Star Captain Majorie DelVillar) Trinary (3 OmniMech/Elemental Novas, 1 OmniFighter Star]]
- 72nd Striker Trinary (Star Captain John Bekker) (3 OmniMech Stars)
- Echo Fighter Binary (Star Captain Felicia Jorgensson) (2 OmniFighter Stars)
- 4 Trinaries
Seventy-third Battle Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Seventy-third was stationed on Vorarlberg and was operating at fifty-five percent of full strength; approximately eighty percent of the Sixty-eighth were equipped with OmniMechs.
Seventy-third Battle Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)
- - At this point the Seventy-third was stationed on Marawi and was operating at sixty-five percent of full strength, with more than eighty percent of the Cluster equipped with OmniMechs.
Seventy-third Battle Cluster (Reliable/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Eighth was stationed on Sternwerde and was just five percent below full strength; just over forty percent of the Cluster were equipped with OmniMechs.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 90, "73rd Battle Cluster Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 61, "Delta Galaxy (The Blitzkrieg)"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 9, "Delta Galaxy"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 84, "Ghost Bears Advance in Protectorate"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 54, "Thorny Thorin"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 11, "Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Alpha Galaxy (The Golden Bears)"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Beta Galaxy (Night Howlers)"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 120, "Alpha Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 162, "Alpha Galaxy"
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 36
- Invading Clans, p. 40
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 77, "Delta Galaxy (The Blitzkrieg)"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 172, "Alpha Galaxy (The Golden Bears)"