7th Avalon Hussars
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Seventh Avalon Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Avalon Hussars|
The Avalon Hussars were initially founded as a brigade of approximately eight regiments around the time of the founding of the Federated Suns in 2317; the first regiment to be founded following the destruction of an existing regiment was the Ninth Avalon Hussars, founded to replace the Third Avalon Hussars, who were destroyed in the 2360s.
Age of War
The Seventh Avalon Hussars was one of the fourteen active regiments on the rolls of the Avalon Hussars brigade when the end of the Age of War was marked by the creation of the Star League and the formation of the Star League Defense Force. In common with the other regiments of the Hussars, the Seventh traced its roots back to the Terran Marines of the Terran Alliance, and those ties were strong enough that the Sixth was one of six regiments to join the SLDF when it formed in 2571. The brigade was proud enough of this that it listed the six regiments - the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Tenth, Fifteenth and Eighteenth Hussars - as simply being on detached duty, and it would be more than half a millenium before new units would be created with the designation of any of these regiments.
|Commanding Officers of the 7th Avalon Hussars|
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 8, "Avalon Hussars"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 32, "Integration with the SLDF"