7th Phalanx (Clan Ghost Bear)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3076)|
|Parent Formation||Theta Galaxy|
First Draconis Combine/Ghost Bear War
Despite being a second-line Galaxy, Theta Galaxy took an active part in the First Draconis Combine / Ghost Bear War, which began in 3062 with a suicidal attack by three regiments of the Alshain Avengers against Alshain. As a part of Theta Galaxy, the Seventh Phalanx took part in the assault that captured Courchevel; after the War was resolved with a Trial, the various other contested or occupied worlds were returned to their pre-War affiliations, but the Ghost Bears retained Courchevel as isorla.
During the Ghost Bear campaign against the Word of Blake during the Jihad Theta Galaxy was assigned to Beta Wave, which was led by Beta Galaxy. After Beta Galaxy took heavy casualties during the attack on Ascella, an attack that began on the 6th of October 3075 and which went badly enough to be considered a debacle, the entire of Theta Galaxy - including the Seventh - was moved from a supporting role to an offensive role.
Theta Galaxy assaulted Pike IV in September 3076; while the attack on Moore had gone poorly, the Pike IV campaign was an even poorer showing on Theta's part. Of particular concern to the Dominion Council was the destruction of the Seventh, which was lost after elements of the Thirtieth Provisional Garrison Cluster refused to come to their assistance.
|Commanding Officers of the 7th Phalanx (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Star Colonel||Russell||3061 - 3067|
The command uses also the smash & grab tactic. The cluster know their terrain well and use the lighter units to lead the enemy in to an ambush. The enemy can approach to the target without fight and at the right moment the rest of the unit assaulted from all sides simultanesly.
Seventh Phalanx (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point the Seventh was stationed on Spittal and was at eighty-fire percent of full-strength; a little more than two-thirds of the Cluster was equipped with Clan technology, and another fifth with Star League-era technology; slightly more than half of the Cluster were equipped with OmniMechs or equivalent technology.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 95, "7th Phalanx Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 61, "Theta Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 60, "Overview"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 9, "Theta Galaxy"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 9, "Beta Galaxy"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78, "Theta Galaxy"