80th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|80th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Nickname||The Texas Rangers|
|Parent Command||XXXVI Corps|
The Eightieth Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXXVI Corps, Sixteenth Army, to District 3 of the Draconis Combine Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising. The Eightieth was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 80th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Wayne Johnson||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual SLDF, page 193
- The Star League, p. 149, "Sixteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133