82nd Royal Jump Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Eighty-second Royal Jump Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The All Americans|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
The Eighty-second was one of the most prestigious units in the SLDF, tracing its heritage back to the Eighty-second Airborne Division, a famous military unit from the former United States of America on Terra. Assignments to the Eighty-second were considered such a privilege that some officers were willing to take demotions in order to take up available positions within the division; the Eighty-second's Commanding Officer in 2764, Major General Thomas Alexander, was one such officer, having served as the Commanding Officer of XL Corps before requesting his assignment to the Eighty-second.
In 2764 the Eighty-second was serving as a part of XXIII Corps within the Fifteenth Army, assigned to District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in 2765 as part of the redeployment effort to fight the Periphery Uprising. The Eighty-second survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the Eighty-second Royal Jump Infantry Division|
|Major General||Thomas Alexander||2764|
The various elements of the Eighty-second excelled at deploying from airborne craft into combat zones, whether that deployment involved BattleMechs jumping from DropShips or infantry dropping from VTOLs.
Star League Era
- When outnumbered, units of the Eighty-second gain a +2 bonus to their initiative.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 183, "82nd Royal Jump Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 148, "Fifteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 247, "82nd Royal Jump Infantry Division"