85th Light Horse Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|85th Light Horse Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2763)|
|Parent Formation||2nd Regimental Combat Team|
The Eighty-fifth Light Horse Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2763 the Second Regimental Combat Team was sent to the Detroit system to investigate rumors of a build up of weapon stockpiles. The Second was completely unprepared to face a full division of Taurian rebels. The 85th was destroyed by a nuclear strike during the fighting.
|Commanding Officers of the 85th Light Horse Regiment|
As an SLDF Light Horse regiment, the Eighty-fifth was composed of light to medium vehicles backed up by at least two Recon companies composed of 'Mechs designed for information gathering. This was in addition to any regular 'Mechs used within the regiment.
- Field Manual: SLDF,p. 154
- The Star League, p. 133