87th Division (ComStar)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|87th Division IV-phi|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||White Harts (3050)|
The Nova Cat Trainers (3062)
|Parent Formation||4th Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
The 87th Division was best noted for its humanitarian efforts in the midst of the Capellan-St. Ives War.
Immediately prior to the Clan Invasion, the green ranked 87th Division, then a IV-Rho mix referred to by the nickname of White Harts, was assigned to the Fourth Army and was headquartered on the Federated Commonwealth world of Bryant.
Savaged by Clan forces during the Battle of Tukayyid, like many Com Guard Divisions the now regular rated 87th Division chose a new nickname after their efforts on during the conflict, calling itself The Nova-Cat Trainers. Rebuilt as a IV-pi formation, the 87th transferred its headquarters to the St. Ives Compact capital of St. Ives,  garrisoning sites across the Davion Federated Commonwealth's Capellan March. 
When the Capellan-St. Ives War exploding into open combat, the bulk of the 87th was redeployed to the Compact and the FedSuns Kittery salient to try and stabilise tensions in the region and to attempt to block the Capellan Confederation's advance. Working closely with the SIMC and AFFC, the 87th's CO Precentor Archie Pardeau openly admitted to the new Precentor Martial Victor Steiner-Davion that his division could not both defend ComStar facilities in the region and block the CCAF advance, which led to Steiner-Davion's decision to expand the 4th Army back to the six divisions of the pre-Tukayyid Com Guard Armies. The arrival of the 403rd Division on Nashuar allowed the 87th to move additional troops to the Kittery region, retaining three Level-III in the Compact, two stationed at the division's headquarters in the city of Tiantan on St. Ives and a third providing logistical support to Kuan-Yin Liao's humanitarian relief efforts.
The 87th Division would play a major role in combating the infamous Black May attacks, providing decontamination and humanitarian aid on St. Ives, but would pay a heavy price, its popular and respected commanding officer dying as he sought to safeguard others. 
|Commanding Officers of the 87th Division (ComStar)|
|Precentor IV||Virginia Leckrone||3049|
|Precentor VI||Archive Pardeau||3055 - 3062 |
The 87th Division is able to use small unit with great effect. 
87th Division (Division/Green)
- Note: At this point in time the 87th Division was stationed on Bryant.
87th Division (Division/Regular) 
- Harbingers of Victory lll-chi: Demi-Precentor II David Ushkow 
- Looking Glass lll-tau: Demi-Precentor IV Daryn Waite The
- Thunderheads Ill-phi: Demi-Precentor VII Nicole Morin Misguided
- Fortune Ill-phi: Demi-Precentor X Jean Jubelt
- Natural Enemies lll-upsilon: Demi-Precentor IX Derek Cook
- The Sentinels lll-psi: Demi-Precentor VIII Harold Junge
- The 87th insignia shows a stylized cat sitting atop a tank. 
- 20-Year Update, p. 70 "4th V-nu"
- ComStar, p. 85, "4th Army V-iota (The Defenders of Honor, Byrant Theatre, from 4 to 5 on the "Inner Sphere Clock")"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 35, "8th Army V-Pi: Stern Defiance"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 85, "4th Army V-Iota (The Defenders of Honor)"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 98, "4th Army V-Iota (The Defenders of Honor)"
- Field Manual: Comstar, p .137
- 20-Year Update, p. 70
- 'ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85'