89th Dragoon Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Eighty-ninth Dragoon Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||LXVIII Corps|
The Eighty-ninth Dragoon Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the Eighty-ninth was assigned as a part of the LXVIII Corps, Eighteenth Army, to the Outworlds Alliance area of the Periphery Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery by 2765 in response to the Periphery Uprising. The Eighty-ninth survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, but despite the fate of the Eighty-ninth being regarded as unknown for several centuries after the fall of the Star League, subsequent publications released in the thirty-first and thirty-second centuries revealed that the Eighty-ninth almost certainly survived the Hegemony campaign and remained in the Inner Sphere, joining Major General Lauren Hayes and the other SLDF units who chose to join ComStar in support of Jerome Blake. The Eighty-ninth is believed to have formed the basis of the "mercenaries" used to create the Eighth ComStar Expeditionary Division in 2784, along with the Third Striker Regiment, 231st Striker Regiment and 321st Hussar Regiment. Following Operation SILVER SHIELD in June 2788, in which ComStar's Expeditionary Divisions seized control of Terra, the vast majority of the Expeditionary Divisions were demobilized and their equipment cached for the future, forming the basis of the later Com Guard.
|Commanding Officers of the 89th Dragoon Regiment|
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 156, "Eighteenth"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 117, "ComStar and the Com Guard"
- The Star League, p. 133