8th Cruiser (Clan Diamond Shark)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|8th Cruiser Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|Parent Formation||Sigma Galaxy|
In December 3071 fighting between Clan Blood Spirit and Clan Coyote on Paxon spilled over into the Diamond Shark city of Thermopolis. During the fight over 600 Diamond Shark civilians lost their lives. The Eighty-third Combined Strike Cluster moved against the Blood Spirits to enact revenge, however during this assault the Coyotes slipped past them and captured their undefended firebase. The Eighth moved to support the Eighty-third, dropping a Binary behind the Coyote lines in a headhunter attack against their command staff. During a fierce three-way battle over two days the Eighth was destroyed.
|Commanding Officers of the 8th Cruiser|
The Cluster accepted zellbrigen against equal forces, excluding OmniMechs units. The command used combined arms tactics to their advantage. The nine stars of battle armor get their support through three fast 'Mech stars, but the unit lacked adequate air cover. 
Eighth Cruiser Cluster 
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 74, "8th Cruiser Cluster Profile"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 82-3