8th Falcon Velites (Clan Jade Falcon)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
|Eighth Falcon Velites|
|Affiliation||Clan Jade Falcon|
|Parent Command||Epsilon Galaxy|
During the Clan Jade Falcon civil war known as the Rending Epsilon Galaxy supported Khan Jana Pryde; as a consequence, the Galaxy had to be completely rebuilt after Malvina Hazen took control of the Jade Falcons, with the sole exception being the First Falcon Jaegers. Epsilon managed to rebuild in time to invade the Clan Wolf Occupation Zone as the Wolves abandoned their holdings to move to the Free Worlds League border; the conquests made by Epsilon brought them into contact with the Rasalhague Dominion, with mixed results. The Eighth Falcon Velites attempted to conquer the world of Thun but were forced to retreat by the Gunzburg Eagles, who conducted multiple air attacks against the Velite's supply lines while hiding from direct combat.
After the defeat on Thun, Epsilon Galaxy was made responsible for guarding the supply lines between the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone and the Falcon's Reach in the face of repeated raids from Clan Wolf-in-Exile. With the exile Wolves weakened, Epsilon were keen to strike in an attempt to destroy them, but were stymied by the need to keep their supply lines open; a strike directly at the Wolves would have left their supply lines open to attack by the Rasalhague Dominion, an unacceptable opportunity.
|Commanding Officers of the 8th Falcon Velites|
|Star Colonel||Nicole Roshak||3145|
Eighth Falcon Velites (Veteran/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Eighth were at sixty-five percent of full strength; stationed on Kelenfold and almost forty percent of the unit were equipped with OmniMechs.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 156, "Epsilon Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 168, "Epsilon Galaxy"