8th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For September, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Read more →
|8th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Parent Command||XV Corps|
The Eighth Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the Eighth was a part of XV Corps within the Fifteenth Army and was assigned to District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. The Eighth was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in response to the Periphery Uprising and was destroyed during the Uprising in 2765.
|Commanding Officers of the 8th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 148, "Fifteenth Army"