8th Oriente Hussars
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Eighth Oriente Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||Through the Crucible|
|Parent Formation||Oriente Hussars|
First Succession War
The Eigth Oriente Hussars began the war stationed within the Calloway VI system. Unlike many other units, the First was able to survive the vicious fighting, though they took 77% losses, and deployed to Fletcher at the end of the war.
The unit was disbanded not long after that.
The unit was rebuilt during the Dark Age.
|Commanding Officers of the 8th Oriente Hussars|
Eigth Oriente Hussars (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
2786 - 2821
8th Oriente Hussars (Regiment/Green/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the light-weight unit was stationed on Calloway VI. In 2821 the command was reduced to 23 of its strength and was deployed at Fletcher (FWL). 
8th Oriente Hussars (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Fletcher with an operational readiness of 88 percent.  The unit was destroyed during the war.
- CO: Colonel Noelle Dyer
Eighth Hussars Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Commander Toby Craig
Thirty-second Oriente Heavy Armor (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Sandy Houston
Ninth Kiyev Hussars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Lawrence Gregory
- First Succession War, p. 140, "Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 115, "Free Worlds League Military"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 15, "Oriente Hussars"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 138
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 98