8th Recon (Clan Coyote)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|8th Recon Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Eyes of the Coyote|
|Parent Formation||Zeta Galaxy|
The fate of the Eighth Recon Cluster is not recorded, although it appears to have been destroyed during the Wars of Reaving. This most likely occurred in 3071, when the Coyotes had spread both Zeta and Nu Galaxies to take control of former Wolf holdings that had been passed to them. These had subsequently come under attack as the Wolves pulled out of Clan space.
|Commanding Officers of the 8th Recon|
|Star Colonel||Niles Hill||3061|
|Star Colonel||Timothy Hollifield||3067|
The Eighth relied on high speed and maneuverability to confuse its enemies.
Eighth Recon Cluster - Veteran/Questionable 
- 3 Binaries
Eighth Recon Cluster - Veteran/Reliable 
- 100% full strength with 95% of the force equipped with OmniMechs.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 52, "8th Recon Cluster Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 162
- Field Manual: Update, p. 76, "Clan Coyote Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p.165
- The Wars of Reaving, p.82