8th Striker Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Eighth Striker Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||XLVIII Corps|
The Eighth Striker Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The Eighth Striker Regiment was one of the SLDF commands mustered during the early decades of the Star League, and took part in Operation BULL RUN, the conquest of the Taurian Concordat during the Reunification War. The Eighth saw action during the brutal campaign to conquer New Vandenberg, and was involved in the first major ground battle of the assault; on the 23rd of February 2588, the Eighth and two sister regiments, the Sixth and Seventh Striker Regiments landed along side other elements of I Corps, supporting the First Royal Division as it attempted to seize the city of Harmony on Brittain, along with the massive Vandenberg MilTech BattleMech plant there.
The First and Second Fleets had spent forty straight days bombarding New Vandenberg from orbit, and defoliated much of Brittain in their attempt to find the Taurian Defense Force garrison, without much success. The forces attacking Harmony soon met the previously-elusive TDF troops, coming under attack from an asymmetric mix of elite anti-'Mech jump infantry, hovercraft, VTOLs and conventional aircraft using the factories as cover. After twelve hours, the SLDF units were forced to retreat.
The Eighth and the other SLDF units attacked Harmony again, this time with the Third Division as reinforcements, but after a week of combat were ordered to withdraw by Field Marshal Amos Forlough, who ordered the navy to destroy Harmony from orbit.
Star League Era
In 2764 the Eighth was assigned to XLVIII Corps, a part of the SLDF Seventeenth Army, and posted to an undisclosed district within the Periphery. The Eighth continued to serve in the Periphery throughout the Periphery Uprising. The Eighth survived the war and were absorbed into the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns, merging with elements of the 1894th Light Horse to form the new Second Ceti Hussars Regimental Combat Team in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 8th Striker Regiment|
- First Succession War, p. 33, "Those Left Behind"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 89-91, "Charon's Express"
- The Star League, p. 155, "Seventeenth Army"
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 64, "2nd Ceti Hussars RCT: Three of Diamonds"