8th Toffen Guards
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|8th Toffen Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3050)|
The unit was assigned to the defense of Toffen and was destroyed by Clan Ghost Bear forces in March 3052. Initially they attacked 469th Assault Trinary of the 332nd Assault Cluster at the Dell Reservoir, where they were easily routed by the Clan forces. The Guards retreated to the Longueil Power Plant, but failed in their attempt to ambush the Ghost Bears. Survivors were still fighting a guerrilla campaign against the Ghost Bears in 3058.
|Commanding Officers of the 8th Toffen Guards|
The Guards displayed flexible tactics, attacking when they considered they had an advantage, but were not above using ambush and traps when the initiative was against them.
Both the 3rd and the 8th together are two 'Mech Companies and one Regiment of Infantry, all rated as of Green quality. The specific split between them is unknown, though most probably one has the full BattleMech complement while the other is formed by the Infantry units.
Described in the text as the Third and Eighth there is more than an implication that these two units had merged prior to 3052.
- Invading Clans, p. 37