90th Division (ComStar)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|90th Division Level IV-zeta|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
|Nickname||Gentle Persuasion (3050)|
|Parent Formation||4th Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
Along with the rest of the Fourth Army, the Ninetieth was assigned to assist the First Army in combat against Clan Ghost Bear during the Battle of Tukayyid. Concerned that the green units of the Fourth like the 90th would break during combat against the Bears, despite protests from the Fourth Army's commander Precentor Aryon Tolliver, the First Army commander Katherine Luarca ordered the Fourth to stay on station around the secondary target city of Luk while the First led the charge against the Bears.
When Luarca's decision weakened the defense of the primary target of Spanac and allowed the Ghost Bears to capture it, two divisions from the Fourth unsuccessfully attempted to pin them down in the city with artillery fire to prevent them moving on their brothers back at Luk. With the Bears' elite Alpha Galaxy shrugging off this assault and tearing into the Fourth Army as Luarca had feared, Luk and the divisions of the Fourth were saved when Luarca ordered the 103rd Division along with the remains of the 308th Division to sack Alpha's main supply depot. Guarded only by freebirth warriors in second line 'Mechs and with Alpha's losses mounting, the Bears pulled back to reinforce and safeguard Spanac, earning a marginal victory against the Com Guards.    
With the withdrawal of the Ghost Bears, both the First and Fourth Armies were transferred to assist the Eleventh and Third Armies in their battle against Clan Jade Falcon. Initially the Precentor Martial assigned the Fourth to assist the 388th and 214th Divisions' assault against the Falcon's repair and resupply depots at Plough Bridge and Robyn's Crossing until a lucky Com Guard AeroSpace Fighter strike succeeding in destroying the Falcon's main supply depot.
Now running low on supplies, the Falcon Khans reluctantly ordered a general withdrawal and the divisions of the Fourth Army were redeployed to help prevent the Falcon Guards, 2nd Falcon Regulars, First Falcon Velites, and 89th and 94th Falcon Strikers from reaching the Jade Falcon's original LZ. Even with them taking heavy losses during their short-lived capture of Olalla, the regular ranked 90th was no match for the retreating Falcon forces and was torn apart.    
Despite its valiant efforts against the Bears and Falcons, Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht elected to disband rather than rebuild the heavily damaged Ninetieth Division, transferring its survivors to other units.
|Commanding Officers of the 90th Division (ComStar)|
90th Division (Division/Regular)
- Note: At this point in time the 90th Division was stationed on Chesterton.
- Only appearing sources prior to and during the Battle of Tukayyid, the fate of the 90th Division is based on conjecture.
- 20-Year Update, pg. 70 "4th V-nu"
- Tukayyid, pp. 48-56 "Campaign: Clan Ghost Bear"
- Invading Clans, p. 29 "Tukayyid: World of Fate"
- Wolf Clan, pp. 48-49, "Days of Armageddon - Ghost Bear"
- ComStar, pp. 69-72, "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Tukayyid, pp. 58-59, "Campaign: Clan Jade Falcon"
- ComStar, pp. 70-71 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Wolf Clan, p. 50 "Days of Armageddon - Jade Falcon"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, pp. 30-32 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- 20-Year Update, p. 70