92nd Assault Infantry
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|92nd Assault Infantry|
|Unit Profile (as of 2580)|
|Parent Formation||56th Brigade|
The Ninety-Second Assault Infantry was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. It was originally formed during the creation of the SLDF in 2571, and was attached to the 56th Brigade, a part of the 19th Division, during the Reunification War.
Following the occupation of Obrenovac in June 2578 the 92nd Assault Infantry was assigned as the planetary garrison; the 92nd was soon tested by a series of political strikes, protests and marches organized by an operative from the Magistracy Intelligence Ministry. When the operative attempted to incite the protestors to violence against the 92nd, the protestors instead turned on the operative and handed him and his supporters over to the 92nd. The Commanding Officer of the 92nd met with the local protest leaders to assure them that they had the right to protest peacefully, and that so long as the protests remained orderly and nonviolent the SLDF wouldn't interfere. As a result, the protestors arranged a series of self-policing measures to ensure that this was a case, and there were few problems between the 92nd and the protestors for the remainder of the occupation.
|Commanding Officers of the 92nd Assault Infantry|
- VII Corps units may utilize Overrun Combat.
- VII Corps units gain a +1 bonus to repair rolls.
- The VII Corps commander may select half of the maps used in any battle, irrespective of scenario rules.
- VII Corps units adhere to the Ares Conventions.
- VII Corps units suffer a -2 penalty to Initiative if forced to fight on city maps.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 100, "Eleusis, Obrenovac and Bethnolog (March 2579-January 2580)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 181, "The Star League"