98th Crimson Guards (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Ninety Eight Crimson Guards Cluster|
|Affiliation||Clan Blood Spirit|
|Parent Command||Omicron Provisional Galaxy|
The 98th Crimson Guards fought in the Burrock Absorption, against forces from Clans Star Adder and Burrock, as part of Mu Provisional Galaxy. Transferred to Omicron with the destruction of Mu. They were part of the force assigned to retake the Arcadia enclave from Clan Star Adder in 3066.
In 3069, the Guards were led by Khan Karianna Schmitt on Albion, capturing several industrial complexes from Clan Star Adder. They then defended these holdings on Albion when they came under several attacks between 3070 to 3072 by Adder forces. 
After Eden, they were ordered to move to Albion. Here they made a combat drop straight onto one of the Adder enclaves, which fell quickly.  A week later, they moved against the second Adder enclave, here the fighting was more fierce, the 98th Crimson Guards were wiped out in an ambush that saw the Adders blow up a large portion of the city to prevent its capture. Other clusters took heavy damage from aerospace attack before the Spirit's withdrew and obliterated both Adder enclaves with orbital bombardment.
|Commanding Officers of the 98th Crimson Guards|
|Star Colonel||Raphael Johns||3059|
|Star Colonel||Nad Johns||3067|
98th Crimson Guards
- The Wars of Reaving, p.123
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 33, "98th Crimson Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p.38
- The Wars of Reaving, p.42
- The Wars of Reaving, p.104
- The Wars of Reaving, p.122
- Field Manual: Update, p. 70, "Clan Blood Spirit Deployment Table"