9th Falcon Velites (Clan Jade Falcon)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|9th Falcon Velites|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Omega Galaxy|
In the mid-thirty-second century forces from Clan Jade Falcon and the Rasalhague Dominion clashed in the Symington system. The forces that fought consisted of the Jade Falcon Fredasa-class corvette CJF Jade Tornado and an escorting Carrier-class DropShip versus the Rasalhague Dominion's Sif Star, which among other vessels included a pair of Nagasawa-class DropShips. The two forces contained a comparable number of AeroSpace Fighters which promptly began engaging each other to try and win aerospace superiority, while the two Nagasawas immediately moved to engage the Jade Tornado. The Jade Tornado found itself forced to concentrate on the two Nagasawas because of the heavy fire they were each dealing out, which allowed the other Dominion heavy DropShips to fire on the corvette with little risk of receiving return fire. Even a direct hit on one of the Nagasawas from the Jade Tornado didn't disable the DropShip, which continued to attack the larger WarShip; after ten minutes of combat the Jade Tornado fled the battle, leaving its fighters with no choice other than to try and rendezvous with the Ninth Falcon Velites on the surface of Symington.
|Commanding Officers of the 9th Falcon Velites|
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 169, "Clan Force Deployments - Clan Jade Falcon"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 52, "Nagasawa-class DropShip"